On the eastern coast of the Gulf of Orchus-Bugt in the eastern part of the eastern peninsula of Denmark lies the city of Orchus, the administrative center of a single commune. On its territory there is a large sea port, which is still developing. In the summer of 2007, the Tall Ships Race sailed out of the harbor.
The city is home to the headquarters of Aria Foods, a major producer of dairy products. The food, textile, textile, and chemical industries are flourishing. Orchus, the center of trade and industry, is an important railway station. It is home to a number of different lines of transport that cross and go in different directions.
The central part of the city is home to the University, which educates about 20,000 students. The school was founded in 1928. Popular places for recreation are the Orchard and the Opera House. The Orchus Symphony Orchestra is famous for its concerts. The city often hosts music festivals, including the internationally renowned Orchus Festival. At that time, it was the seat of the priesthood. In the Middle Ages, Orchus developed as a Catholic center, which later ceased to play an important role. The 14th century was full of tragic consequences. During that period, a terrible plague plagued the majority of the citys population. In the 19th century, a railroad ran through the city to accompany the economic rise of Orchus.
The ancient city is rich in historic features, including the 11th- to 15th-century Frukkirch Church; The cathedral, an architectural cathedral in the 13th and 14th centuries; the ancient cathedral, dated 1857. In the center of the city there are fascinating pictures.
Orchuse has several museums, one of which preserves unique artifacts from the archaeological period that were discovered during the archaeological excavations. The museums exhibition of art is represented by paintings from the 19th and 20th centuries. The museum complex “Old Town” contains buildings dating from the 16th-17th centuries.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 320,000 people
- GDP: $53,730 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 39 Mbps
- Best wireless: Call Me
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Opinions on tipping in Denmark vary. According to Danish law, any service charge, including tips for waiters, has to be included in the price in restaurants. However, waiters obvious appreciate a tip, and according to some sources, it is customary to leave up to 10% to the waiter, if you are satisfied with the service.
- Apartment listings:
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Moove
- Online electronics shop: Power
- Best hospital: Aarhus University Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: Ryanair
- Best intl air carrier: SAS
- Monthly costs for expat: $2300
- Monthly costs for family: $5600
- Monthly costs for local: $1600
- Meal: $16
- Small Cola: $2.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $8
- Coffee: $5.5
View Larger Map