The Hamilton – the administrative center of the Bermuda Islands. The city is located in the central part of the main island on the coast of the Gamillet Peninsula. Belongs to the county of Pemmirk. It is officially considered the only city in the archipelago.
In 1790, the English administration of the islands allocated 145 acres to be used for the construction of its new rezoning. In 1815, the leadership staff of the Colony moved from St. George to Hamilton. The city is named for the Governor of Bermuda, Sir Henry Hamilton.
ÃAmilliontho – not the largest settlement of Bermuda (St. George surpasses it). The main quarters of Hamilton have grown up around the port. The residential quarters around the historic center – this is the homeland. In Gamiletown, a distinctly angular grid of buildings is clearly marked by a skyline of tall, colorful buildings. There are some noteworthy features: an Anglican cathedral (1897), the city trestle, and the Cathedral of Assembly. In the eastern part of the city is the Port of Hamilton. Leisure activities in the capital city of Berthoud can be provided by walks in the natural parks (Victoria, Par La Ville, Cedar), boat rides in the local yacht club.
- Air quality: 34 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 3,700 people
- GDP: $99,363 / year
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 21 Mbps
- Best wireless: Cell One
- Tipping: Tipping in Bermuda is fairly similar to tipping in the United States. A service charge of 10% (or an equivalent per-diem amount), which covers everything from baggage handling to maid service, is added to your hotel bill, though people often still tip a few extra dollars.
- Apartment listings:
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best hospital: King Edward VII Memorial
- Best short-haul air carrier: British Airways
- Best intl air carrier: British Airways
- Monthly costs for expat: $5100
- Monthly costs for family: $11200
- Monthly costs for local: $3200
- Meal: $20
- Small Cola: $3.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $10
- Coffee: $6.5
View Larger Map