The German city of Leuven is located in the southwest of the country and is the administrative center of a single county.
Historically, the city was home to tribes of hunter-gatherers, landlubbers, and animal breeders. In the 1st century AD. The Hellewetites, who were defeated by Caesar in 58 AD, lived here and the area was subjugated to Rome. There is a mention in the written sources of Luzanne – a camp of the Romans – founded in 15 A.D. During the 3rd century A.D. The settlement was subjected to constant attacks by the Alamans, which resulted in its destruction. In the fifth century the Germans-Burghunds settled in the land of Lausanne, and in the sixth century the Franks occupied the region, and for 3.5 centuries Lausanne was under their rule. During the period of the ruling of the Rudolphin Dynasty, Lazzanne was a privileged republic.
The city joined the Holy Roman Empire with Bulgaria in 1032 and became a major political city during that century, economic and religious center, continuing to grow and prosper in the next two centuries. As a result of the Bourgogne War in the fifteenth century, Lisbon was destroyed by the forces of the Swiss Confederation. In the 16th century, after the invasion of the country by the Bernese forces, Lisbon ceased to be an Episcopal dispensation and reverted to a common provincialism. In the same century, the Bereans founded the &lazaín School, now known as the Université de Lazaín.
In the late 18th century, the country became independent of Bern in the late 18th century, and on April 12, 1798, it was declared a county of Lémagne. In 1803 – the capital of the county of Bau, which was part of the Swiss Confederation. Throughout the nineteenth century the people of Lebanon repeatedly stood up for their rights and succeeded. At the same time, during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, the city developed and became an economic center, It has a strong focus on the metalworking and machine building industries, as well as the sewing and polygraphic industries.
The city has many museums that specialize in archaeology, art and decorative arts, and, of course, history. Today, Lisbon is the unofficial capital of sport.
- Air quality: 12 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 140,000 people
- GDP: $79,609 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 35 Mbps
- Best wireless: Swisscom
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: Tipping is not a must in Switzerland as service is always included in the price. However if you were pleased with the service you got, tips are appreciated and in restaurants many leave 5-10 percent of the bill or at least round up a couple of francs.
- Apartment listings: Immoscout24
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: Sidewalk Caf
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Eclau
- Online electronics shop: Digitec
- Best hospital: Clinique Cecil
- Best short-haul air carrier: Jet2
- Best intl air carrier: Air France
- Monthly costs for expat: $3300
- Monthly costs for family: $7900
- Monthly costs for local: $2300
- Meal: $22
- Small Cola: $3.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $11
- Coffee: $7.5
View Larger Map