On the coast of the Persian Gulf in the United Arab Emirates is the city of Sri Lanka, which is in a single territory 13 kilometers from Dubai. Over the past twenty years, the city has grown considerably, merging its territory with the surrounding villages. Now, many industrial areas, housing quarters, and former suburbs occupy a large area and extend into the desert to the east and north. The center of the city is mostly occupied by parks and recreation areas.
In the 19th century, Chardage was a major maritime city, thanks to the rapid development of the trade routes. The famous Halide Port, located in a modern city, has 21 berths and can accommodate ships of all sizes, including tankers, break-bulk vessels and tankers, Passenger transport liners, bulk carriers, heavy transport vessels, container ships, and smaller vessels such as buccaneers, barges, and supply vessels. In order to ensure that vessels with large landings are able to anchor in local waters, the harbor is working to deepen the anchorage areas.
Chardage is a great resort with sandy, golden beaches, small, beautiful lagoons with turquoise blue waters, well-maintained parks and many lively bazaars where you can buy anything you want. With all of this great luxury, only the beach area of the hotel, the temporary tourist destination, is allowed to be used for bathing. It offers a variety of sporting activities.
With the many historical and architectural monuments, the memorial of the United Society stands out; The monument, located on Government Square, and the monumental monument The Crown, an open book structure about 7 meters high. The King Faisals unique painting is astonishing in its scale. It can hold three thousand people.
Prime Park is located in the center of the city, with a fountain adorning the grounds. It is 100 meters high. Theres a shopping street with an Arabian-style marketplace where you can buy a variety of oriental merchandise that makes your eyes glaze over with its variety.
- Air quality: 137 US AQI Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. Members of sensitive groups may experience health effects. The general public is less likely to be affected.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 1,000,000 people
- GDP: $37,622 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 10 Mbps
- Best wireless: Du
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Most restaurants will include taxes and a service charge on the bill. However, most people in Dubai also leave a small tip for the staff. The usual amount is between 10-15%, depending on how good you feel the service was.
- Apartment listings: Property Finder
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Careem
- Online electronics shop: Souq
- Best hospital: Central Private Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: Air Arabia
- Best intl air carrier: Air Arabia
- Monthly costs for expat: $1600
- Monthly costs for family: $3600
- Monthly costs for local: $1000
- Meal: $6
- Small Cola: $1
- Beer 1 Pint: $3
- Coffee: $2
View Larger Map