The southwest corner of Taiwan is the center of industry and an important port in the country, Haoyoujoung. At the end of 2010, its territory was joined by the same name as the city. As a result of territorial reforms, Haazucún became a large municipality. The citys territory spans the waterside of the Taiwan Strait. Its central areas are concentrated near Haosuchin Bay. ×A natural waterway, the Ay River, flows through the city and further into the central areas, reaching the cove at the end of its path. Toward the north, the mountains of the Shooshan extend from it.
ÃAssuming is in the area of a tropical climate. The rainy season is May through September. The city is a major industrial center. The industrial area includes a steel mill, a shipyard, a petroleum refinery, and a number of other industries. The plants are on the coast and were established in the 1970s.
Hausconn has developed production of building materials, particularly cement and roofing tiles. There are manufactures for the production of aluminium and soft goods. The container plants specialize in the processing of fish and vegetables. The port takes over the coastline of the natural harbor. It has a high carrying capacity. A new container terminal is under construction that will allow the port to expand its areas.
The most important historic structure in the city is considered to be the Shrine of the Three Phoenixes. It is the place where the Divinity of Leo Yonge is venerated. Next to the first steps leading up to the facade are the lions effigies. The grandeur and magnificence of the altar tables, decorated with gold, are striking. In the Hall of the Buddha are three gilded images of him surrounded by students and guards.
Putting the tribute to the warrior-god Günan Günan, the Danish Hall of Military and Literary Arts has three stories, the first of which is decorated with finely carved altarpiece tables in honor of the divinity. Wall murals and painted ceilings decorate the 3rd floor, which serves as a reredos of the Nephritic Emperor in the Divine Enclosure. Throughout the year, the shrine has been visited by a large number of followers of Günan Günan.
- Air quality: 126 US AQI Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. Members of sensitive groups may experience health effects. The general public is less likely to be affected.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,400,000 people
- GDP: $24,577 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 27 Mbps
- Best wireless: ChungHwa Telecom
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: Except for bellhops and service personnel in International Hotels, tipping in Taiwan is generally not expected. For restaurants (especially in large hotels), if there is a tip to be taken, they will just add 10-15% to your check.
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Online electronics shop: PCHome
- Best short-haul air carrier: EVA
- Best intl air carrier: Air Asia
- Monthly costs for expat: $850
- Monthly costs for family: $1500
- Monthly costs for local: $440
- Meal: $2.5
- Small Cola: $0.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.8
- Coffee: $1.8
View Larger Map