In the land of the island of Hong Kong lies the city of Kobo, the capital center of the Hōjo structure. It has been an important port and an important international center since the 8th century. The modern city has developed mechanical engineering and metallurgy, as well as chemical and military industries. The city has long been known for its textile industry. Tourism plays an important role in the citys economy. Its territory lay on the important trade route to the capital of Kōcho. The village was home to a large number of growers and merchants engaged in wholesale trade, as well as producers of sakay.
Historically, Koba was known as a religious center, home to the famous sacred places Minaretogava, Nágata and Ikouta. In addition, in the middle of the 19th century, the city was the site of a production of artificial beetles. As a result of a major earthquake in 1995, many houses and administration buildings in Koba were destroyed. Despite the extensive damage and losses, citizens were able to rebuild their city.
The archaeological evidence found in the present-day city is a clear testament to the settlement of the present area during the period from 12,000 to 300 A.D. The climatic conditions of the coastal area favored the development of industrial fishing and greatly influenced the formation of the port. In the period from 1185 to 1333 its territory traded with a number of foreign countries. In the 13th century it was called the Port of Chocho and was part of the province of Szytöö. In 1871, the city was part of the structure of the city of Château. During the period of the Restoration, Médézie was one of the port cities open to foreign trade. A remarkable structure on the territory of the port is a tower, built in 1968. From its platform, it offers a magnificent panoramic view of the citys territory and the sea. It has a capacity of 3,000 tourists per day.
- Air quality: 51 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Ambiguous
- Population: 1,500,000 people
- GDP: $38,640 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 28 Mbps
- Best wireless: Soft Bank
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Overall, tipping in Japan is not customary. The Japanese culture is one that is firmly rooted in dignity, respect, and hard work. As such, good service is considered the standard and tips are viewed as unnecessary.
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Line Taxi
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: All Nippon Airlines
- Best intl air carrier: Japan Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1700
- Monthly costs for family: $3500
- Monthly costs for local: $1000
- Meal: $7
- Small Cola: $1.3
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $3.5
View Larger Map