In the central part of Îkinaiva, in the same region of Küüsü, the city of Îkinaiva is located in the Küsü region. It is bordered by the city of Orruma, the villages of Kadena and Tiatana, and the villages of Ona and Kietanakakaguxuku. The symbol of the city is the hibiscus flower. Okineva was founded in 1974, when two settlements joined together. For a long time, it was a U.S. military base. The modern city of Okineva is known as a popular tourist and commercial center.
What makes Ocinaawa distinctive is the fact that it combines traditional Japanese culture with American culture. This is especially noticeable on the citys main street, which is full of shops, clubs, and restaurants. The citys annual holiday celebration, Eisa, is very popular with tourists. The National Dance for Dead Ancestors is especially interesting. Not far from Okinawa are the Botanical Gardens. More than 2,000 species of plants have been collected in this fascinating place. It includes fruit trees, palms, and flowers. There are many spas and entertainment centers around Okonawa, which has helped promote tourism in the city.
- Air quality: 26 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,400,000 people
- GDP: $38,640 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 56 Mbps
- Best wireless: Soft Bank
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Overall, tipping in Japan is not customary. The Japanese culture is one that is firmly rooted in dignity, respect, and hard work. As such, good service is considered the standard and tips are viewed as unnecessary.
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Line Taxi
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: All Nippon Airlines
- Best intl air carrier: Japan Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1700
- Monthly costs for family: $3400
- Monthly costs for local: $950
- Meal: $6.5
- Small Cola: $1.1
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $3
View Larger Map