The city of Nieuwieu is the new capital of the state of Mayenma (Biirma). It was the first time that the city was located here. The name of the new administrative headquarters of the country is translated as Korolovs country. Seventeen kilometers away is the city of Peignman, which is part of the Mandalay District. It became the capital city of Neuilly in November 2005. But it didnt receive its official status until a year later, even though it hadnt been announced. About 320 kilometers separate the former and present capitals.
The reason for the relocation of the capital from Yignon to Nayeyingen has remained unknown until now. In November 2005, the countrys military government began reassigning its institutions and ministries from the center. According to The Bangkok Post newspaper, 11 ministries and an equal number of batallions left the former capital on 11 November. The date and time of the removal were coordinated with the astrological forecast.
While the reason for the new capital remains unknown, there are several versions related to the event. According to one of them, the transfer was related to the military strategy, while the other was related to foreign policy. Perhaps the decision of the leaders was influenced by the boards of astrologers, which is quite possible, if we study the historical facts of Birma.
The new capital possesses several underground buildings in its environs, which were built as enclosures in the event of air bombardment by the enemys air force. The new command and control center is located in the central part of the country, eliminating the possibility of attacks from the sea.
In early spring 2006, the first military parade was held on the streets of Neuilly. Every year, March 27 is commemorated as Army Day, the anniversary of the countrys liberation from the Japanese opponents in 1945. It was at that moment that Neupeiideo was first recognized as a city center.
It has become a tradition in todays Neupeiideo to officially award the local film academys awards ceremony every year. But the citys most notable event is the New Years Water Festival, usually celebrated in mid-April. For nearly 5 days, citizens have been pouring water over each other with various utensils.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 920,000 people
- GDP: $1,242 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 6 Mbps
- Best wireless: MPT
- Tipping: You don’t really need to tip in restaurants. If you feel the service was particularly good, 10% of the bill is a recommended guideline. Tip porters and maids as you wish with a dollar here or there, although the practice is only really common higher-end hotels or resorts.
- Apartment listings: AirBnb
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Grab
- Best hospital: Bawga Theiddhi Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: Myanmar National Airlines
- Best intl air carrier: Myanmar National Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1400
- Monthly costs for family: $2900
- Monthly costs for local: $800
- Meal: $7.5
- Small Cola: $1
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $3
View Larger Map