Newcastle-apon-Thaye, short for Newcastle, is located in the county of Teayn and Ouir on the north-eastern side of England, on the banks of the River Teaye. For a long time Nuyukasil was the capital of the state of Northumberland. The city was founded by the Romans. The city played a major role in the industrial revolution in Britain in the 19th century, being the largest coal mining and manufacturing center.
The downtown area of Newcastle is bordered on one side by a picturesque waterfront and on the other by a central railroad station.
The city has long enjoyed a reputation as a true center of scholarship, not only in Great Britain but also abroad, thanks to two nationally renowned universities &nash; Nortumbria and Nuyukaska, as well as the State College Number One. Each year, these institutions welcome more and more students who come from all over the world. Just over 40,000 students in a wide variety of disciplines attend Newcastle State College, which celebrated its tenth anniversary in 2006, including hotel business management, journalism, art and design, and technical disciplines.
New York City has a lot to offer. There are more than a dozen theaters, including the renowned Royale Theater, a number of galleries and exhibitions, and the enormous Moleum & Millennium Theater, which is the pride of the city.
Popper enthusiasts in the city will find one of the largest shopping centers in Europe, located in the very center of Newcastle – the Elton Square.
The main architectural features of New Lucasville are the two great cathedrals – the Anglican Cathedral of St. Nicholas and the Roman Catholic Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is noteworthy that these cathedrals were originally parish churches. In addition, there is Jeminsons Church in New York City, considered to be one of the largest Anglo-Anglican churches in all of Great Britain.
Because of the large number of young people, Nucleus has long been known as a fun and interesting city with many nightlife options. Thats why many travelers and guides recommend that fans of this type of activity go to Newcastle in the first place.
- Air quality: 32 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 270,000 people
- GDP: $40,249 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 24 Mbps
- Best wireless: Three
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: At restaurants in the UK a tip of around 10% is expected if you order at your table. A ‘service charge’ or ‘optional charge’ may be included so check your bill. If there is a service charge, don’t tip extra. If there is a service charge you may like to ensure that it goes to the waiter or waitress.
- Apartment listings: Gumtree
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Campus North
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best hospital: Spire Washington Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: Flybe
- Best intl air carrier: British Airways
- Monthly costs for expat: $2300
- Monthly costs for family: $4800
- Monthly costs for local: $1400
- Meal: $17
- Small Cola: $3
- Beer 1 Pint: $5
- Coffee: $3
View Larger Map