The city of Antoine Augusta is located in a single commune and is its administrative center. Its eastern flanks are surrounded by steep uplands, its western flanks are washed by the Pacific Ocean. Modern Antointegastan stretches along the coast and is considered the smallest city in the country. Its area is filled with old houses and tall, modern buildings close to the outskirts of the city. Nearby neighboring towns are Mexico City, Tococopillas, as well as the industrial complex of La Nègre.
Antoautoguátima occupies what is considered the worlds most desolate region, the Atackamá Hollow. It is a well-known fact that there have been times when for nearly 40 years the area did not see any rain. There is a large port within the city limits. Local features include the cathedral, several old buildings, museums, the waterfront, and a tall clock tower in Columumba Square. A distinctive icon of the city is the gateway monument of La Paortada, located on the coast to the north of the citys borders.
- Air quality: 40 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 390,000 people
- GDP: $13,794 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 13 Mbps
- Best wireless: Movistar
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Most bills have the total and below it a suggested 10% and a new total including this amount. If paying by card they ask if you wish to include the total plus the 10%. They are not allowed, by law, to give you a bill with the 10% already included in the total.
- Apartment listings: AirBnb
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best hospital: Clnica Antofagasta
- Best intl air carrier: KLM
- Monthly costs for expat: $950
- Monthly costs for family: $2200
- Monthly costs for local: $600
- Meal: $5
- Small Cola: $1.4
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $2.5
View Larger Map