On the Atlantic Ocean coast of Portugal, the city of Aveyru, the center of the municipality and district of Aveyru, has sprung up. It lies in the lands of the Central Region and belongs to the Bayeux-Vogue region. The provincial city and the capital of the country are separated by 220 kilometers. It is relatively close to Porto, only 58 kilometers away. In the past, Aquarius was a part of the Beauvira-Liturale province. In the 21st century, it is the center of the city of Baja Brugada.
In ancient times, the site of the present city was a Roman village. Beginning in the 10th century, the main occupation of the inhabitants was salt mining and fishing. The fishermen went on long voyages to the coasts of Southern Africa and Africa for good fish. In 1575, after several mighty storms, the city was dead, and times were hard for the city. It was not until 1808 that it was able to rebuild itself. A canal was built to connect the harbor to the sea. The central canal, running through the old city, divides Ávora into two regions.
In the 15th-century Isoussa Monastery in Mexico City, the citys museum housed its exhibits. It was not until the 18th century that the final work on the facade was completed. Among the exhibits are fine jewels, fine furniture, magnificent sculptures, talented works of art by artists, and baroque ceramic objects.
A unique feature of the museum is a portrait of the Joan of Wales, who in 1472 took a monastic priesthood. She lived in the monastery until 1489, the very day she died. In 1693 she was consecrated a saint. The portrait of Johanna is a portrait by Nuno Gonçonaveljès, the celebrated artist of Portugal. On the piazza of the Republic is the Misericórdia Church. Its façade is adorned with tiles of azulejo.
Near to the city stretches the golden, sandy beaches of Barrara. Here, the second-highest in the country, the maiac, towers overhead. The vicinity of Aveiro is home to a factory, founded in 1824, for the manufacture of marble. The high quality and high quality products are in great demand. Some of the famous companys products have made their way into the kitchens of the kings, including the king of Spain and the queen of England.
- Air quality: 34 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 79,000 people
- GDP: $19,750 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 27 Mbps
- Best wireless: Vodafone
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Tipping 5% – 10% in restaurants is standard, although tipping should only be provided with the chance that you are extremely happy with the service. No tip is expected for some coffee/espresso or a beverage, although some people might leave the change, round up to the closest Euro (example 1,85 to 2EUR).
- Apartment listings: Imovirtual
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Fusion Cowork
- Online electronics shop: Fnac
- Best short-haul air carrier: TAP
- Best intl air carrier: TAP
- Monthly costs for expat: $1250
- Monthly costs for family: $2500
- Monthly costs for local: $700
- Meal: $7.5
- Small Cola: $1.2
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $2.5
View Larger Map