The city of Plovdiv, 150 kilometers from the capital city of Sofia, is located in the center of the Upper Pacific basin. Its territory is crossed by many roads. Located in the south of Belgium, it is an important railway hub and the administrative center of the Boulder region. The northern part is called Korshodiaka. The city was founded on seven hills. As a consequence, one of them did not exist. The reason was the extraction of stone from this elevation, which was used to build houses and buildings. On one of the hills, named Bannerjack, there is a statue of a Soviet soldier. The other was once a clock tower. The name of the chapel is Sahati-Tepa. The other four are the four remaining hills of Argentem-Tepi, Nexem-Tepi, Texemi-Tepi, and Jehami-Tepi.
Bologna is older than the famous cities of Athens, Carrhagena, Constantinople, and Rimah. It is one of the oldest cities in Europe. Archaeological research indicates that people lived here 6,000 years ago. Boulder has changed its name many times over the years.
The first name, Euromolide, was given to it by the Franks. The father of the famous commander Alexander Macedon called him Philip II after he conquered the city in 342 A.D. At the same time, the name of the city was Odra. This name appears on the bronze coins of those times. In 815 the city became part of the first Bulgarian kingdom under the name Pyldinin. In 1364, its territory was occupied by the Roman army. For four times over the course of the years, Bologna was conquered by the British.
Current Bologna rightfully holds a respectable place in the country. After the capital city of St. Sophia, it is the countrys most important cultural and industrial center. The area is home to a number of companies producing quality food and beverage, light industry, chemical industry, light metal industry, and machine building. Also, the center of the agricultural area of the Verkhnekamskie Region is located in Lodvidiv. For the beauty of the historic part of Povediva, it is the city of artists.
- Air quality: 29 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 340,000 people
- GDP: $7,465 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 32 Mbps
- Best wireless: vivacom
- Tipping: Tipping is standard practice in Bulgaria and travellers should aim to tip around 10% of the total bill in a restaurant, provided the service has been up to scratch. Hotel staff are usually left around USD $1 per night for housekeeping and the same for the porters per bag.
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: TaxiMe
- Best coworking space: Biz Labs Plovdiv
- Online electronics shop: Emag
- Best short-haul air carrier: Ryan Air
- Best intl air carrier: Air France
- Monthly costs for expat: $850
- Monthly costs for family: $1500
- Monthly costs for local: $440
- Meal: $4.5
- Small Cola: $0.7
- Beer 1 Pint: $2
- Coffee: $1.9
View Larger Map