Varna – one of the most beautiful resorts in Bulgaria. Its a city with a pleasant climate and pleasant alleys, the third-largest city in the country. Archaeologists have discovered a sixth-century Greek necropolis in the area, indicating that a settlement already existed in Urna at that time. The polis was originally a place of settlement for farmers and fishermen, which is why it later became a market town. In the 4th and 3rd centuries of our time, Marne fell under the dependence of Macedonia, and a century later, under the Roman Empire. The city inherited the Roman Empire, the largest in the Balkans and the third-largest in Europe. In the 14th century the city was conquered by the Turks, and was part of their empire for many years. Finally, in 1878, Marrane was removed from the Turks rule and became part of the Bulgarian state. Since then, a new stage in the redevelopment of the city has begun: new factories, a railway track from St. Sophia is being built. Gradually, Varna has become one of the most favorite places for vacationing of the citizens. And so began her touristy period.
Warna has changed its name a number of times. Originally, the city was called Îääßos. ×A couple of years after the end of World War II and until 1956 it was called Stalin.
Today Varna – is a tourist center with excellent climate conditions and a variety of amenities. The city is on the same geographic axis as New York.
For now, the most important feature of the city of Varna – the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is the cathedral of the city. Located in the very center of the resort, the church is a kind of centerpiece for all visitors and visitors.
Another of the main attractions – the Sea Garden. Today, there are plenty of playgrounds and an amphitheater that hosts an art competition every year. The Sea Garden is popular with young people because there are so many clubs and cafes.
Another popular place for children and adults – the Delluminarium, which operates year-round.
Most of the citys many attractions include the Varna Drama Theater, the Museum of Archaeology, the Museum of Medicine, the Museum of Ethnography, the Museum of National Revival and the Aquarium.
We will make wonderful memories in Marne for years to come!
- Air quality: 55 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Population: 340,000 people
- GDP: $7,465 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 31 Mbps
- Best wireless: MTel
- Tipping: Tipping is standard practice in Bulgaria and travellers should aim to tip around 10% of the total bill in a restaurant, provided the service has been up to scratch. Hotel staff are usually left around USD $1 per night for housekeeping and the same for the porters per bag.
- Apartment listings: Imoti
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: TaxiMe
- Best coworking space: BeeHive
- Online electronics shop: Emag
- Best hospital: Universum Medical
- Best short-haul air carrier: Bulgaria Air
- Best intl air carrier: Bulgaria Air
- Monthly costs for expat: $900
- Monthly costs for family: $1500
- Monthly costs for local: $430
- Meal: $4.5
- Small Cola: $0.8
- Beer 1 Pint: $2.5
- Coffee: $1.6
View Larger Map