On the coast of the Pauran River in Argentinas Santa Fe territory lies the city of Rosario, a seaport and railroad hub of great importance to the economic development of the north-eastern part of the country. Together with its neighboring cities, Rosario is a major agglomeration. The depth of the harbors quay makes it possible for ships to reach its harbor.
The site of the present-day city was inhabited in the 17th century. At that time, there was a village with a beautiful name, Rosary, which means “A Womb of Roses.
For as long as the second half of the 18th century, the small village was little different from the countrys other provincial towns. It wasnt until legal changes to the law on immigration caused a flood of immigrants from other places to come to Rosary. From that moment on, the citys industry began to grow. As the number of citizens grew, the citys area increased dramatically. In 1852, Rosario was declared a city. By 1887, it had a population of nearly 50,000.
The current city is a major tourist attraction. Its historical significance attracts the ancient events and mysteries of bygone eras. The central part of the city is a unique place. This is where Independence Park opened up. It was designed in 1901 by Carlos Tawes, a well-known architect of the time.
The park area features a French park adorned with a marble pantone and a rose garden with magnificent rose bushes in a variety of varieties and shades. The magnificent cultures are an irresistible addition to the lush greenery. In 1946, another masterpiece of the natural landscape was created – the Garden of the Calendars. In its territory, a multitude of colors corresponding to a given season of the year grow in every season. There is a museum of visual arts, an art center and a childrens garden in the park.
In front of the main town square, the Basilica of Núño Sénéra dellRosario rises. The Grand Palais des Lions serves as the seat of the executive office of the city. There is an astronomical center and a planetarium in the Park of Orkiz.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 900,000 people
- GDP: $12,449 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 15 Mbps
- Best wireless: Claro
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: Tipping in restaurants in Argentinian is never mandatory, but certainly desired. If you receive good service and want to leave something, 10% is usually more than enough. However, if your service was awful, don’t feel as though you must leave a gratuity.
- Apartment listings: AirBnb
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Online electronics shop: Mercado Libre
- Best short-haul air carrier: Gol
- Best intl air carrier: Aerolineas
- Monthly costs for expat: $440
- Monthly costs for family: $750
- Monthly costs for local: $210
- Meal: $2.5
- Small Cola: $0.3
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.6
- Coffee: $0.8
View Larger Map