On the northern coast of the Sea of Galicia Bay, the city of Baucoum, the district center and popular resort of Mugla, lies on the north coast of the Sea of Galicia. About 300 kilometers away is Antalya. The resort area of the area has historically attracted many tourists. Its pleasant sub-arctic climate, long beaches and many different tastes and preferences make it a great place to stay. At that time it had considerable privileges and was second in importance after Caria. In the 4th century, during the reign of St. Matthew Mausoleus, the city was transformed into the capital of Karya. The city and its six outlying villages were surrounded by a mighty fortified wall to protect and secure the population against invaders. As a consequence, at the behest of his sister-in-law, Maaussole was instructed to build a mausoleum, a mausoleum, which was one of the wonders of the world. In 334 A.D., Alexander the Great destroyed the city for the desperate resistance of its citizens.
In the Middle Ages, a small village of fishermen was founded in what was once a thriving city. The settlers were Turyks and Greks. The main occupation of the local inhabitants was fishing and trading in fish. In 1402 the piscatorial priests began building the castle of St. Peter. In 1522 the power passed to Sultan Sultan. Between 1919 and 1921 it was invaded by the Italian Army.
Today, Bodeum is a popular international resort with a rich historic heritage from past eras. The ancient castle divides Bodeum into the ancient and ancient parts of the city. On the west side, there are modern buildings, especially modern hotels and nightclubs. Theres a marina right next door. To the east are the old estates. To the north of the castle is a bazaar, surrounded by stone houses with cozy courtyards and extensive greenery.
One of the monuments of authentic culture, the ancient theater, dating back to the 4th century before our time, has been completely restored and retouched. The historic structure is often used for festivals and concerts. A good preserved element of the ancient city wall is the Missus Gate.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 38,000 people
- GDP: $10,863 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 11 Mbps
- Best wireless: AVEA
- Pay without cash:
- Tipping: In Turkey tipping is customary between 5% and 10%, depending on service. Don’t tip if you receive bad service. Tips must be in cash, preferably in Turkish Lira, and be given directly to the waiter. If you dine in luxury you should tip between 10% and 15%.
- Apartment listings: Sahibinden
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Online electronics shop: Hepsiburada
- Best short-haul air carrier: AnadoluJet
- Best intl air carrier: Turkish
- Monthly costs for expat: $260
- Monthly costs for family: $600
- Monthly costs for local: $180
- Meal: $1.2
- Small Cola: $0.3
- Beer 1 Pint: $0.6
- Coffee: $0.8
View Larger Map