The city of Kójínka was founded in 1557 and has preserved many colonial-era structures at its center. Today it is the administrative center of the province of Aceh. Long ago, many centuries ago, it was the ancient city of Tomeba Bay, as evidenced by archaeological research. The present-day Kójínka occupies an area in the Ecuadorian Andes and is known as a college town with eight universities. The economy of the thriving Kuyeka is based on industry and agriculture. A natural feature of the village is the unusual terrain, which has been influenced by four rivers that cross the city line. All of these waterways are part of the Amazon Basin.
The most popular tourist area of the city is near the Tomeamba River. This is where most of the historical monuments on UNESCOs list are located. In addition to excursions through ancient streets, tourists are also attracted by the festivities that take place during the Catholic Christmas season. They are accompanied by festive and colorful events, dances and costumed street parties.
- Air quality: 42 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 330,000 people
- GDP: $5,982 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 9 Mbps
- Best wireless: Grun
- Tipping: It is not obligatory to give a tip. Therefore, check your bill first so that you can decide whether to tip or not. Majority people offer a small tip of 3-5% to upper end restaurants as for the low and medium a 5-10% is recommended.
- Apartment listings: AsWeSit
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: Hotel Carvallo
- Best coffee: Cafe Eucalyptus
- Best hospital: Hospital Santa Ins
- Best short-haul air carrier: LAN Ecuador
- Best intl air carrier: LAN Ecuador
- Monthly costs for expat: $950
- Monthly costs for family: $2600
- Monthly costs for local: $750
- Meal: $3
- Small Cola: $0.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.5
- Coffee: $1
View Larger Map