Montanita is a small resort located in western Ecuador in the world-famous village of the same name. Today it is the main surfing center of the whole country. The resort is famous for its breathtaking scenery, high waves and beautiful sunsets.
The 5 km long coastline is surrounded by exotic plants and large boulders, inviting you to take walks in the fresh air in the evening, morning and all day.
The coastline is long and wide, covered with fine golden sand. The water is clean, warm, transparent. The waves are high and long – for real professionals, beginners should practice on the other coast. For ambitious tourists on the beach works school of surfing. Those who want to learn how to stand on a board and ride their first waves.
The beach is always crowded, with surfers coming in most of the time. The beach is empty only in bad cool weather. At the weekend there are more holidaymakers, in addition to tourists on the beach come the locals. Montanita is a place for young people, families with children in search of a quiet holiday pass this area.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 1,000 people
- GDP: $5,982 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 17 Mbps
- Best wireless: Claro
- Tipping: It is not obligatory to give a tip. Therefore, check your bill first so that you can decide whether to tip or not. Majority people offer a small tip of 3-5% to upper end restaurants as for the low and medium a 5-10% is recommended.
- Apartment listings: AirBnb
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best intl air carrier: LAN Ecuador
- Monthly costs for expat: $900
- Monthly costs for family: $2000
- Monthly costs for local: $600
- Meal: $3
- Small Cola: $0.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.5
- Coffee: $1
View Larger Map