Karachi – one of the worlds largest megapolises and ports, a financial, industrial, transport and cultural centre of Pakistan. The city is located in a hilly area between the villages of Haba and Ida. ×There are several small rivers flowing through the Kara River. Because of its proximity to the fertile Indus countryside, the Kara Kara area is also an agricultural center, although the region is generally arid and desolate. The Kakistani people call Kara Koshi & laquo;navy City» and «City of Lights».
In the 18th century, the site of Kara Kosh was a small fishing village. In 1795 the rulers of the Sindachs established a fortified port. It was taken over by the British in 1839. The village immediately became crucial to the life of the Brittany clan. Caracas was unusually fast in the European port, becoming the main port of the region. By the time of the Declaration of Independence in Pakistan (1947), Kara Kochi was the most developed city in the region. It was proclaimed the capital, and remained so until 1958. Nevertheless, the city continued to grow even after the administrative unloading of the megapolis. The Karachi – are still at the forefront of all aspects of life in Pakistan. However, the citys main problem remains the poor living conditions in the overcrowded urban squalor that surrounds Kara.
The central part of Kărăcără, the historic center of the city – is the most interesting area. The beautiful structures here are of an Italianate age, where the European architectural buildings are intertwined with local traditional styles. These include the City Hall (1894-1930), the Mohottha Palace (1927), converted into a museum, and the chapel of the National Defense Society, with the worlds tallest dome. Among Karas special features is Father Mohammed Ali Jenin, built in 1970.
Kara is a market town. Fans of eastern bazaars and booths have a lot to do in this city. Some of the most popular markets in Kara Kahráb are Ceynáb, the Imprimers Market, Bokhari, the Common Market, where you can buy practically anything you want and enjoy the local color.
- Air quality: 88 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 15,000,000 people
- Population density: crowded: 7x7m 49m per person
- GDP: $1,462 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 4 Mbps
- Best wireless: Ufone
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: Tip amounting to 10% of your total bill is necessary, some would appreciate if their customers were more generous than that.
- Apartment listings: OLX
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Careem
- Best coworking space: DotZero
- Best short-haul air carrier: airblue
- Best intl air carrier: Emirates
- Monthly costs for expat: $650
- Monthly costs for family: $900
- Monthly costs for local: $250
- Meal: $3.5
- Small Cola: $0.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.6
- Coffee: $1.1
View Larger Map