The main city of Southern California – La Paix. It is located on the shore of the Santa Cruz Peninsula, on the south side of the Gulf of California.
The first traces of human activity in the La Paix region date back to the 12th millennium A.D. and are represented by sacred images. Indirectly, in the late Apocene period, this area was inhabited by the nomadic Pericuboides. The first discoverer of the site is believed to be Ernon Cortez, who discovered the site in 1534. However, colonization was not begun until 1596 by Sebastian Viscaino, who founded the village by naming it «Mir» – La Paix. However, peace did not always prevail. In 1854 La Paz was invaded by the American invaders and for a time was the capital of the Papist republics of Sonora* and Lower California. Since 1974 – La Paz has been the capital of the state.
Tourism – one of La Pazs important economic sectors. The citys amenities – resort complexes, hotels, beaches, water sports. To the north of the Bay of Santo Crescent is the island of Santo Crescento and Pantida, both of which are protected by UNESCO as biological reserves.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 240,000 people
- GDP: $8,444 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 17 Mbps
- Best wireless: Movistar
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: Service is not included in all restaurants (though this may vary by location or for a larger group), so it is customary to tip 10 to 20 percent of the total bill. Bartender: It’s acceptable to tip 10 to 20 pesos per drink or 10 to 15 percent of the total bill.
- Apartment listings: LongtermLettings
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: Selina
- Best coffee: Starbucks
- Best taxi: Uber
- Online electronics shop: Linio
- Best hospital: Hospital General Juan Mara de Salvatierra
- Best short-haul air carrier: InterJet
- Best intl air carrier: InterJet
- Monthly costs for expat: $800
- Monthly costs for family: $1200
- Monthly costs for local: $350
- Meal: $3.5
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $1
- Coffee: $0.8
View Larger Map