Mexico is located in the southern part of the country. It has a mountainous terrain and access to the Pacific Ocean. Like no other state in Mexico, Oaxaca has a large number of flora and fauna. Here, thanks to a mild tropical climate, there are more than 8,000 plants and thousands of species of birds and animals. There are seven conservation areas throughout the state. One of these is — the National Park of Lagunas de Chacaua, which was created at the beginning of the last century.
Historic Oaxaca is known to have existed for some 11,000 years before our time. This fact is evidenced by archaeological excavations, which show the presence of man and his ways of life on this land. Long afterwards, the occupation of these territories by the Spanish and their irreversible colonization had a devastating effect on the life of the indigenous people. ×The population decreased due to unbearable labor and disease. Agriculture plays a pivotal role in the regions economy, despite the fact that the state is a mountainous region. The state has a large number of crops, including cereals, agave, ananas, ananas, and sugarcane. A small percentage of the crop is exported. Corn and beans are mainly found on the domestic market.
Ohacaca is known for the beauty of its colonial architecture. Here one can visit historic museums and experience the richness of cultural traditions. The ancient monuments are ancient and their monumental grandeur is striking in its beauty and uniqueness. The state has colorful festivals, one of which is Galleagoth, which takes place on weekdays in the month of July. An important event is the local womens beauty pageant.
Songs by street musicians are heard from everywhere, their voices a long time ago, and their tones tell of a time gone by. There are many parks and green spaces in Oaxaca. They can be visited either independently or as a guided tour.
- Air quality: 38 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 260,000 people
- GDP: $8,444 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 17 Mbps
- Best wireless: TelCel
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: Service is not included in all restaurants (though this may vary by location or for a larger group), so it is customary to tip 10 to 20 percent of the total bill. Bartender: It’s acceptable to tip 10 to 20 pesos per drink or 10 to 15 percent of the total bill.
- Apartment listings: Comparto Depa
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Hub Oaxaca
- Online electronics shop: Linio
- Best short-haul air carrier: Volaris
- Best intl air carrier: Aero Mexico
- Monthly costs for expat: $700
- Monthly costs for family: $1250
- Monthly costs for local: $360
- Meal: $4
- Small Cola: $0.7
- Beer 1 Pint: $2
- Coffee: $1.3
View Larger Map