The eastern part of Spain consists of the Commonwealth of Spain, also called Belgium or the country of France. The region is made up of the provinces of Castellene, Alicante and Valencia. The community has a coastline of 518 kilometers along the Mediterranean Sea. The capital is the city of Valencia.
Official languages are Spanish, Valencian, and Catalan. The region of Valencia is independent under current law. There are two major rivers in the community. In the provinces of Alicante flows the Segura, which has its beginning in Andalusia. In the province of Valencia, the Huacar River originates in the region of Castile-La Mancha.
The waters of both rivers are used extensively for industrial, agricultural and domestic purposes. The remaining rivers are short in length and small, and dry out most of the time during the summer.
The former kingdom of Benin was formed in the 13th century. In 1208, Jaime I founded the third independent state. In 1707, King Philip IV conquered the Kingdom of Valencia in the struggle for the Spanish Succession. As a result, the French language was forbidden in schools and official institutions.
In 1977, after the abolition of the French dictatorship, Benin received partial autonomy. In 1982, the Act of Autonomy was passed, which created several local authorities, administered by the Governors Office
The country of Valencia is famous not for its great beaches and wonderful vacations by the sea, but for its historic and archaeological attractions. One of the most famous is the City of Arts and Sciences, which is a unique complex of museums and exhibition halls.
Even more significant is the famous Parque dAvenir, the Torres de Cerranes, dating from the 13th century, the cathedral, built in the 14th century, and the Torres de Cuartes, built in the 15th century. In provincial Alicante there is the majestic castle of Elda, founded in 1172 and now undergoing renovation.
- Air quality: 50 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 790,000 people
- Population density: busy: 13x13m 169m per person
- GDP: $26,695 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 31 Mbps
- Best wireless: Tuenti Mobile
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Tipping in Spain may not be considered customary, but there are certain places when it’s acceptable to leave a few coins. A good rule of thumb is to skip the tip at cheaper restaurants and leave up to 10 percent when service exceeds expectations in upscale dining establishments.
- Apartment listings: Idealista
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Wayco
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best hospital: Quiron Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: Ryanair
- Best intl air carrier: Iberia
- Monthly costs for expat: $1400
- Monthly costs for family: $3000
- Monthly costs for local: $850
- Meal: $11
- Small Cola: $1.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $2.5
- Coffee: $2.5
View Larger Map