In the land of Rhône-Alpes, the city of Annecy, a climate resort on the northern shore of a single lake, has sprung up. It is located at the foot of the Savoie Alps near the Tieu River. A special aspect of Annecy is the castle of Paul-de-Lisle, formerly the seat of the Savaevo and Genevieve Georgians, located on a small hill in front of the river.
The structure was built over a period of 12 to 14 centuries. Then in the 17th century it was rebuilt to enlarge the castle. Its bell has 37 bells. The halls are currently occupied by exhibits from the Museum of Natural History. In July, a traditional jazz music festival is held in Anjönci. Every year in August, there is a lakefront festival with a fireworks show on the waters edge.
The historic center of Annecy is lined with historic houses with traditional arcade galleries. St. Marys Church, built in 1426, was a chapter of the Dominican monastery. On the Tieu Rivers edge rises St. Francis, built in a baroque style. From the formerly existing Mansion de la Clairisse, only the Saint Clair doors have survived.
- Air quality: 30 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 51,000 people
- GDP: $36,826 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 42 Mbps
- Best wireless: Orange
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: You can leave around 5-10 percent if you are very happy with your meal. This will be more than appreciated. Essentially tipping in France is more of a gesture, and less of an obligation. So, if you receive exemplary service then it is nice to leave a larger tip to demonstrate your appreciation.
- Apartment listings: AirBnb
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: RyanAir
- Best intl air carrier: Air France
- Monthly costs for expat: $2000
- Monthly costs for family: $3700
- Monthly costs for local: $1050
- Meal: $15
- Small Cola: $2.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $5.5
- Coffee: $3
View Larger Map