The city of Ao Nang grew out of a small fishing village. Now it is a beach resort in the province of Crabá, also known as «s Bay of the Princes»s. It stretches three to four kilometers along the coast of the Andaman Sea.
The resort has three beaches within its boundaries. One is – Paparat Txara, in the western part of the resort; the other is Paui Phlong, surrounded by dense vegetation and occupying a separate cove on the east side of the city. The most popular is Ao Nanga Beach, located in a cluster of forested cliffs.
From May to October, the resort experiences rainy weather. This is the season when the main season of rainfall is practically over. But that doesnt mean its raining every day. The intensity of the intensity depends on the effect of the monsoons.
The average annual temperature fluctuates between 20 and 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Winter is a cold spell from November through February. This is the season that is most beneficial to travelers. The hot season lasts from March through May. During this period, the temperature and humidity rise sharply.
Near the citys borders, the Bench National Park, which occupies the scenic area, begins to take hold. The western areas are characterized by unimproved forests and fast creeks that cross them. Nearby Ao Nangana, there is a rock where the buffalo are eating. For fans of seclusion, the empty beaches of Raleigh are attractive.
Anhānas tourist firms organize guided excursions to nearby resort islands. They are located nearby, and it will take a little time to get to them. There are several diving centers within the city. Tourists are welcome to rent equipment to explore the area. The explorers are guided on the underwater excursions.
Usually, the dives are conducted along the coastal islands, in the Phee Phee Marine Park, in the Ao Nang Bay Aquatic Reserve, in the reserves outskirts. Tourists also enjoy fascinating underwater diving safaris, where they can see scales and manta rays.
- Air quality: 42 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 7,900 people
- GDP: $5,911 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 21 Mbps
- Best wireless: AIS
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Tipping is NOT customary in Thailand, there is absolutely NO mandatory requirement to tip anyone, but small gratuities for great service are very much appreciated.
- Apartment listings: AirBnb
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Grab
- Online electronics shop: Lazada
- Best short-haul air carrier: Air Asia
- Best intl air carrier: Air Asia
- Monthly costs for expat: $1050
- Monthly costs for family: $1800
- Monthly costs for local: $500
- Meal: $1.6
- Small Cola: $0.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $2
- Coffee: $1.6
View Larger Map