In the northern part of Thailand lies the city of Chiang Rai (Chiang Rai), the capital of a single province. Among its inhabitants are representatives of small peoples, including the Karen, Myaou, Akha, and Lisu. The founder of the city is King Mengry. He decreed that a new city be built in 1262. The settlement was founded in the area where the Moans and Lions lived. For a long period of time, Bainan was the capital city of the kingdom of Lénan, the land of a million rice paddies. It was subsequently taken over by the Bermans.
Tailand became part of Spain in 1786, after King Hama I annexed it to his possessions. In the early 20th century, King James VI decreed that the city be made the center of a single province. Today, modern Chiang Rai continues to develop successfully. It is 8 kilometers away from the airport, which operates domestic flights. The main symbol of Chiang Rai is the statue of King Mainguin, the founder of the city. One of the notable sites is the site of Kotham Põhra Põhra Dööm Thuong, where King Mönning made his historic decision to found the city of Chiang Rai.
Here is the statue of King Mönning, who founded the city.
- Air quality: 57 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 70,000 people
- GDP: $5,911 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 26 Mbps
- Best wireless: AIS
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Tipping is NOT customary in Thailand, there is absolutely NO mandatory requirement to tip anyone, but small gratuities for great service are very much appreciated.
- Apartment listings: 9 Apartment
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Grab
- Online electronics shop: Lazada
- Best short-haul air carrier: Air Asia
- Best intl air carrier: Air Asia
- Monthly costs for expat: $650
- Monthly costs for family: $1200
- Monthly costs for local: $340
- Meal: $1.3
- Small Cola: $0.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.6
- Coffee: $1.8
View Larger Map