The city of Buccaramanga, the center of the Santander Department, is in Colombia, 423 kilometers northeast of Boca. The town lies on the Lake Lebryaha River, at an elevation of 959 meters above the sea level in the East Corridors. To the east is a high mountain peak, 3,700 meters high, and to the west is the Rio de Oro Gorge. Bucaramanga – the eighth largest city in Colombia and the most beautiful. The city is called «s City of Parks, with more than 160 parks.
Baccaramanga was founded in 1622. In the 1860s, the city began to grow rapidly, thanks to an influx of German merchants and travelers. In 1886, Baucaramanga was declared the center of the Department. The city was destroyed in the Millennium War, and it did not develop again until the beginning of the 20th century. The economy of the city is based on small and medium enterprises. There is a university of engineering in Baucaramagna and the Palonegro Airport. Fifty kilometers from the city is the National Park of Chocacamoche. Of interest are the Chapel of Los Dolores, the shelter of S. Bolivar, the Cathedral, the Botanical Gardens and the Museum of Ethnography.
- Air quality: 129 US AQI Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. Members of sensitive groups may experience health effects. The general public is less likely to be affected.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 500,000 people
- GDP: $5,806 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 9 Mbps
- Best wireless: Claro
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: On most restaurant bills in Colombia, there is a 10% voluntary (propina voluntaria). While you are not required to pay it, nearly everybody does. The staff members typically share the tip money. If you had exceptional service, you can decide to leave an extra tip in cash.
- Apartment listings: Encuantra24
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Tappsi
- Online electronics shop: Falabella
- Best short-haul air carrier: Copa Airlines
- Best intl air carrier: Avianca
- Monthly costs for expat: $500
- Monthly costs for family: $1250
- Monthly costs for local: $360
- Meal: $1.7
- Small Cola: $0.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.4
- Coffee: $1.4
View Larger Map