The region of Campania is located in the south of Italy. The region is divided into five provinces: Avellino, Naples, Salerno, Caserta and Benevento. The administrative center of Campania is the city of Naples.
Most of the regions territory is taken up by the mountains, the rest by the Primorsky plains: the Salyernaise and Naples Campania. The region is characterized by active volcanic and semimicrobial activity, with the Vesuvius and Rocca-Montefina volcanoes along its coastline.
The coastline is formed by four floods: the Neapolitan, the Gaeta, the Salerno and the Policastro floods. Along the coasts of the region are the Capri and Iscaya Islands, known for their thermal and sodium-chloride springs. The main rivers of Campania are the Calore, the Garaglio and the Volturno.
In the flat areas and on the islands, the climate is very mild; in the mountainous areas of the region, there are heavy snowfalls.
In Latin, Campaign means plain. The largest city in the region during the Christian era was the antebellum city of Capaia, founded by the Ethiopians around 600 AD. Later the Empire became part of the Roman Empire, and the region began to have roads, military fortresses, trade and metal production.
In the aftermath of the destruction of the Vesuvius Incident in 1979, several cities, including Pompeii, were destroyed and buried beneath many kilometers of crushed ash and volcanic dust. Since the middle of the 18th century, archaeological excavations have been taking place in Pompeii, and tourists from all over the world have come to the ruins of the ancient city to see how the Romans lived at the beginning of the first century.
Campaign – a resort region, the main industry is tourism. The jewel in the crown of the Atlantic coast is the city of Sorrento, surrounded by olive and lime groves along the lush Gulf coast. The Amalfi coastline is one of the most beautiful and picturesque areas of the Mediterranean, named for the city of Amalfi, where, in addition to the golden beaches and the sea, is one of the most beautiful architectural monuments in Italy – St. Alexanders Cathedral.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 7,000 people
- GDP: $5,806 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V60Hz
- Internet: 10 Mbps
- Best wireless: Tigo
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: On most restaurant bills in Colombia, there is a 10% voluntary (propina voluntaria). While you are not required to pay it, nearly everybody does. The staff members typically share the tip money. If you had exceptional service, you can decide to leave an extra tip in cash.
- Apartment listings:
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Tappsi
- Online electronics shop: Falabella
- Best hospital: Hospital del Sur Armenia
- Best short-haul air carrier: Copa Airlines
- Best intl air carrier: Avianca
- Monthly costs for expat: $650
- Monthly costs for family: $850
- Monthly costs for local: $240
- Meal: $5
- Small Cola: $0.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.1
- Coffee: $1.1
View Larger Map