The easternmost part of the Korean Peninsula is the city of Pusan, which is the largest port in the Republic of Korea. It is called the maritime capital of the country. Between Soyoung and Nakyungang, it has the most developed urban areas with buildings. The natural boundary between them is the mountains.
The city has been the site of international sporting events and business meetings more than once in recent years. In 2002, for example, the city hosted the FIFA World Cup and the Asian Games. In 2005, the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Forum was held here.
There are numerous sky-scrapers throughout the city, including the worlds largest department store, Sincere Century City. One notable feature of the city is the Temple of the Assumption, founded by Monk Wiseman during Münmus reign in 678. It has been burned and rebuilt many times over the centuries.
A spectacular panoramic view of the city and the harbors quarry is seen from the observation deck of the observation tower. In the vicinity of the tall structure, the National Hero of Korea, Lee Soon-sin, is commemorated in a memorial to Commander Lee Soon-sin, who is the National Hero of Korea. During a century-long war with Japan from 1592 to 1598, the Korean Navy, under the leadership of the admiral, won the naval battle against the Japanese.
A popular destination for citizens and tourists is the market, which is the largest in the country. Customers can choose from a variety of gifts of the submarine world. A variety of seafood dishes are prepared on the market area and can be served right there. An assortment of mackerel, pearls, eels, and other seafood is available at the market stalls. They are taken there in the morning from the station, where the fishing boats come to the light and unload their bountiful catch.
There are six six beaches in the Poussaint area that are excellent destinations for tourists and townspeople. Félicit Hotels provide comfortable accommodations and a high level of service. The areas along the riverbank are equipped with special decking for festivals and celebrations. On the great riverfront of the Channel there are numerous bars, cafes and restaurants. Its highlights include the Kvinángauge Bridge.
- Air quality: 59 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Ambiguous
- Population: 3,400,000 people
- GDP: $27,785 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V60Hz
- Internet: 26 Mbps
- Best wireless: SK Telecom
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Tipping isn’t customary, and is therefore not expected or an obligation. You won’t offend someone by not tipping, but there are times when a small token of appreciation is welcome.
- Apartment listings: Stayes
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: Tom N Toms
- Best taxi: Kakao T
- Best coworking space: Regus
- Online electronics shop: Gmarket
- Best short-haul air carrier: Jeju Air
- Best intl air carrier: Korean Air
- Monthly costs for expat: $1350
- Monthly costs for family: $3300
- Monthly costs for local: $950
- Meal: $6
- Small Cola: $1.1
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $4.5
View Larger Map