In the northern part of the region of Yenonam, surrounded by low mountains, lies the mountainous city of Tehigu. It is the capital of the province of Könan Pukötu and is under the direct authority of the national government. In the old days, a road passed through the city, connecting the capital city of Seoul to Pucson.
Modern Táººgu is a bustling metropolis with an increasingly developed infrastructure and an array of high-rise skyscrapers, The citys architectural structure is full of tall skyscrapers, high-rise buildings, pagodas and Buddhist shrines.
The main modes of public transport are the metropolitan and the bus. In addition, the city has a large number of cars and bicycles. Modern utilities and communications are an essential part of a large city. Courtyarded parks and strips of greenery are a perfect match for homes, streets, and business centers. Here you can buy products that are uncommon to Europeans for a fraction of the cost. The variety of products available to customers amazes even the most demanding tourist.
The Hospitaller Temple is an important religious shrine of Tigui. It is home to ancient manuscripts of the ancient Tiritak Krian, which are accessible only to the founders of the shrine. In the Mountains of Pahlhångkönsen is the site of Töngkönsen, famous for its stone sculptures of animals and plants. The National Museum of the city has unique exhibits about the traditions, life and culture of the entire Yenonam region. There are specialized clinics around the area where treatment is based on unconventional methods. Every year there is a festival that is closely associated with Korean traditional medicine. Visitors from various Asian countries come to take part in the events of the popular festival.
- Air quality: 78 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Ambiguous
- Population: 2,500,000 people
- GDP: $27,785 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V60Hz
- Internet: 25 Mbps
- Best wireless: SK Telecom
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Tipping isn’t customary, and is therefore not expected or an obligation. You won’t offend someone by not tipping, but there are times when a small token of appreciation is welcome.
- Apartment listings: Stayes
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Kakao T
- Best coworking space: Regus
- Online electronics shop: Gmarket
- Best short-haul air carrier: Jeju Air
- Best intl air carrier: Korean Air
- Monthly costs for expat: $1100
- Monthly costs for family: $2700
- Monthly costs for local: $750
- Meal: $4.5
- Small Cola: $1
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map