In the Republic of Korea there is a large city called Suwon, the capital of the Province of Kōjoïde. Seoul is about 30 kilometers away. It is located in a hilly area. There are several lakes nearby. Here the research center of the Samosung Electric Company is active, and the famous Korean soccer team, the Samosung Bollywood Boys Soccer Team, is also present.
Suwon, a large industrial center in Korea, has developed chemical and textile industries, metallurgy and electronics. Paper industry is at work. The souvain consists of four districts. The newest one is called Yethungu. In the district of Mythethan-Samondon, the Samsung Research Center is located. On the other side of Yongtong Island, most of the residents are foreign specialists and their families.
In ancient times, in the time of the Three Kingdoms, the present city was the site of Mossou, which has since been changed to Michoel. Its present name was given to the city in 1413. It did not become a city until 1949. In the late 19th century, the fortress was built around the city. The historic structure, which survives to this day, is considered to be the main attraction of modern Suwon.
Near to the fortress are the great royal gardens. For a comfortable experience of the historic attractions, an excursion train operates in Sauvain. The fortress of Huwazon, established by the King of Chungon in the 18th century, suffered a great deal during the period of the Japanese armys occupation. It wasnt until the late 20th century that restoration work began.
The historic building, the Huizong Huyung Kung Palace, built in 1789, was used by the ruler as a resting place. The original appearance of the palace was preserved by the Yhovah-Georghen Palace. In front of its entrance one can still see the shrine. An unusual cultural institution is located in the territory of the ancient cave, the Samsungung Museum of Transport, where motorcycles and automobiles of various brands are kept.
A fascinating sight is the spectacularly beautiful Follkirche Village on the outskirts of Sauvon, a museum under an open sky. On its territory there is a large part of the Korean countryside. It is also a place where wedding ceremonies and showcase performances by folk dancers are often held.
- Air quality: 79 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 950,000 people
- GDP: $27,785 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V60Hz
- Internet: 20 Mbps
- Best wireless: KT Olleh
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Tipping isn’t customary, and is therefore not expected or an obligation. You won’t offend someone by not tipping, but there are times when a small token of appreciation is welcome.
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: Hive Arena
- Best taxi: Kakao T
- Online electronics shop: Gmarket
- Best hospital: Ajou University Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: Jeju Air
- Best intl air carrier: Jeju Air
- Monthly costs for expat: $1600
- Monthly costs for family: $3600
- Monthly costs for local: $1000
- Meal: $12
- Small Cola: $1.7
- Beer 1 Pint: $4
- Coffee: $3
View Larger Map