The smallest province of South Korea is Cudeudeo. It occupies a single island in the South Korean Sea, formerly known as Kvaleppart. It has a wolkanic origin. Until 1946, the island was part of the province of Collella Namdo. In the territory of the province is the highest elevation in the country, the Holallasan Mountain, which was formed several million years ago. The province is dominated by a sub-terrestrial climate with harsh winters and humid summers.
Before 662 years, the present province was a state of its own, Thamna. In the aftermath, the island was ruled by the Silas, and after its fall, control of the territory was taken over by Coeuré. In 1270, the center of Samuelchohs revolt against the Mongolian rule was at Chejugo. After the rebellion was defeated, the island was taken over entirely by the Mongols.
Tourism now plays an important role in the economy of the country. Favorable climate, natural scenery, and beautiful beaches draw thousands of tourists from China, Japan, and other countries to the area. Lately, many Koreans have been spending their honey month in Canada. They have had a special theme park, the most famous of which is Love Land.
The present day Chédéraud is called the “Orchid Island. It is the only place in the country where the tundra grows to its fullest potential, and its local climate is a pleasant one. Unusually beautiful in the springtime are the fields planted with hornbeam. During this period, cultivated areas of land are covered in bright yellow.
Judge is an attraction not only for its beautiful beaches, lush waterfalls, rocky cliffs and limpid surf. Here, as many years ago, old traditions and ancient beliefs are honored. According to ancient legend, the first inhabitants of the island were the deities Poo, Yang, and Koo. They came out on the surface of the land of their three invertebrates. As time went on, they were married to the priests, whose possessions were a horse, a cow, and grain. In consequence, their descendants were the founders of the state of Táhámná.
Currently, Chegyegyegyo is known as the famous Cheyenne, a professional dairymen. From the age of 8, the girls begin diving in the sea for seaweed and molluscs. By about 17 years of age, they are professionals in their field. They go out into the field in all weathers of the year. Sometimes you can see them by the burning rocks on the shore where they burn.
- Air quality: 59 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 630,000 people
- GDP: $27,785 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V60Hz
- Internet: 20 Mbps
- Best wireless: KT
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Tipping isn’t customary, and is therefore not expected or an obligation. You won’t offend someone by not tipping, but there are times when a small token of appreciation is welcome.
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: Tom N Tom Coffee
- Best coffee: Seogwipo Starbucks
- Best taxi: Kakao T
- Best coworking space: Jeju Coworking
- Online electronics shop: Gmarket
- Best hospital: Jeju National University Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: JeJu Air
- Best intl air carrier: Korean Air
- Monthly costs for expat: $1150
- Monthly costs for family: $2300
- Monthly costs for local: $650
- Meal: $6
- Small Cola: $1
- Beer 1 Pint: $3
- Coffee: $2
View Larger Map