The central part of South Korea is the city of Taejon, which is the center of the countrys Chungcheongnam-do Province. As the fifth largest city in the country, Taichung is the countrys scientific and technological center. Before the beginning of the 20th century, it was a small village, but with the construction of the railroad in 1905 between Seoul and Pusan, the city rapidly began to grow and develop. The positive result was the relocation of the capital of Chungcheong from Chungcheong to Taejung in 1932. In a short period of time, the city had transformed from a small village into a major transportation hub.
The modern city is a combination of tall, modern buildings, low-rise buildings, Buddhist buildings, religious buildings, and park-like landscaped areas. There are many research institutes, educational and cultural institutions, and science centers in Tadjégon.
Young Hong Kong has several educational and cultural institutions, including the Museum of the History of Asia, the Art Gallery, the Museum of Natural History and the Museum of Geology. The Science Valley of Týtoka, specially designed for fans of technology, offers an opportunity to see the latest advances in technological progress. The ÒYejon Exxpo 93 is the home of the Worlds Highest Technology Expositions. South Son is popular for its world famous hot springs for their healing properties.
Hotels are located near the famous springs. Not only can you enjoy the great outdoors, you can also consult with experts and take a course in health and wellness treatments. For several years now, South Son Son Park has been a popular destination for tourists. There is a legend about the healing properties of the local springs. It tells of the King of the Kingdom of Peking, who was severely wounded in battle but survived because of the unique power of the water from a local spring.
The new urban quarter of Tungun Dawn, located in Soo Hsiung, is characterized by modern buildings and structures. New construction began at the end of the last century. In a relatively short period of time, it has become a thriving complex with modern housing, shops, cultural institutions, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
- Air quality: 71 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Ambiguous
- Population: 1,500,000 people
- GDP: $27,785 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V60Hz
- Internet: 32 Mbps
- Best wireless: SK Telecom
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Tipping isn’t customary, and is therefore not expected or an obligation. You won’t offend someone by not tipping, but there are times when a small token of appreciation is welcome.
- Apartment listings: Stayes
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Kakao T
- Best coworking space: Birlzip
- Online electronics shop: Gmarket
- Best short-haul air carrier: Jeju Air
- Best intl air carrier: Korean Air
- Monthly costs for expat: $1250
- Monthly costs for family: $3100
- Monthly costs for local: $900
- Meal: $5
- Small Cola: $1.3
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $4.5
View Larger Map