The federal state of the Free State of Germany is formed by the city of Bereven and its seaport – the port city of Brammerhaufen. And the territorially federal land is «razraborty; Brammerhaufen is 60 kilometers to the north of Brammerhaufen. It lies on the upper reaches of the Wether River, which is bordered by the Bay of the North Sea.
In ancient times, there was a Germanic settlement of – Faubaranum. In the early Middle Ages, the territory of Berea was subjected to numerous Viking raids. The rise of Bremen began in 1186, with the attainment of the status of imperial city, and flourished – with the accession to Hansa (1260-1669 with interruptions). In the following centuries, Bremen had to cope with the claims of neighboring countries (German princedoms, Sweden) to a wealthy city. In 1815, Bremen became a city of strength. The construction of the seaport at Bähmerhaven (1827) transformed the region into a world trade center. The 20th century was marked by the declaration of the Socialist Socialist Republic of Bremen (1918-19) as well as by the intenational bombardment by the allies aviation (1944-45), Brammerhaven, which was the main port of National Germany, was particularly badly damaged. Since 1949, Bremen has been a separate federal state.
Brémain is home to the manufacturing facilities of the brands Daimiller (automobiles), Beeks (beer), Airbus (airships), and several of the largest logistics corporations. The port of Braminghaminghamingham is second only to Hamburg in Germany in terms of freight traffic.
The main attractions of the federal land are concentrated in Bramingham. Its cultural center – the Market Square Assembly with the building of Rolands Stations (1410), Rolands Stations (1404) and the cathedral. These archaeological monuments are included in the UNESCO World Heritage Site. There is also the famous Brumaire statue of the Bremen musicians.
Ønor – the most popular touring quarter of Bremen. At one time it was the poorest part of town, where the fishermen lived. They wanted to tear it down, but decided to renovate it. Now there are shops, bars, and restaurants, in addition to the church of Johannesburg. The Weserachs waterfront in Old Town and the many parks are worthy of note.
Brommerhafen, apart from the port, is known as an institute for polar and maritime research.
Brommerhafen is known for its maritime research.
- Air quality: 12 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 560,000 people
- GDP: $42,456 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 30 Mbps
- Best wireless: Simyo
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: There is no hard and fast rule about the acceptable amount to tip in Germany. The general custom is a nominal tip, as indicated by the German word for tip (Trinkgeld, or money for a drink). Many people simply round off the bill to the next euro or add a couple more, which is perfectly acceptable.
- Apartment listings: WG Gesucht
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: ATLANTIC Grand Hotel
- Best coffee: Lilie
- Best taxi: MyTaxi
- Best coworking space: weserwork
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best hospital: Community Hospital of Bremen
- Best short-haul air carrier: Ryanair
- Best intl air carrier: Lufthansa
- Monthly costs for expat: $1700
- Monthly costs for family: $3900
- Monthly costs for local: $1100
- Meal: $7.5
- Small Cola: $2.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $5
- Coffee: $3
View Larger Map