The northwest corner of Baden-Württemberg is the German town of Heidelberg, which takes over the Neckakkar River in the area where the waterway arterial drops off at a valley in Odeindel and joins the flat lands. The river joins the Rhine 20 kilometers from Heidelberg.
The city is surrounded by three mountain ranges-Heislerberg, Heidelgrenerger and Königtstuhl. The warm climate of these areas is beneficial for the growth of warm and lovable plants such as lace, fingernail and ipod trees. It is home to pine pigeons and puffins, which are listed in the Red Book.
Heidelberg is the center of the Rhein-Neckar district. However, it is a separate district and is divided into 14 districts. The history of the city dates back to ancient times. In the records of the Monastery of Chonau the settlement is first mentioned in 1196. Although some parts of the present city, which were settlements at that time, were settled much earlier. The earliest written records of the castle of Geidelelberger date back to 1225. The famous University of Heidelberg was founded in 1386.
In 1689 and 1693, the city fell to the French. As a result of the battle over the Kingdom of Naples, the castle was destroyed. In connection with the transfer of the office of the kurulturists to Mannheim, Gheuleulelberger lost his former political influence. The construction of the railroad and its commissioning in 1840 secured the transport connection between Mannheim and Heidelberg.
Ã¬ËœCitizens of today are employed in industry, commerce, tourism and transportation. The institutions of higher learning are represented by several universities and the oldest university, founded in 1386. It is home to numerous theaters, museums, historic and archaeological sites. The remains of the past centuries are represented by churches, a church, and a chapel, built in 1592, The graveyard with the grave of Frederick Ebert, the abbey, and the famous castle, which is the symbol of the city and is called " The Most Famous Ruins of Germany.
- Air quality: 25 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 160,000 people
- GDP: $42,456 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 33 Mbps
- Best wireless: O2
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: There is no hard and fast rule about the acceptable amount to tip in Germany. The general custom is a nominal tip, as indicated by the German word for tip (Trinkgeld, or money for a drink). Many people simply round off the bill to the next euro or add a couple more, which is perfectly acceptable.
- Apartment listings: AirBnb
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: MyTaxi
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: Ryanair
- Best intl air carrier: Lufthansa
- Monthly costs for expat: $1900
- Monthly costs for family: $4200
- Monthly costs for local: $1200
- Meal: $14
- Small Cola: $3
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $3.5
View Larger Map