Leipzig is one of the largest economic centers in Germany. Traditionally, this city is associated with exhibitions of European importance.
A lot of tourists come to Leipzig every year, attracted by the local attractions. These are the old archaeological buildings, churches, cathedrals, and many other cultural sites. This church was built in the 19th century in memory of the Russian soldiers who defended Leipzig in the battle of 1813.
Another historic feature of the city is the Old Gatehouse, which dates back to the 16th century. It was built over the course of a year on the site of an existing structure. During the period of its existence, the Old Rectory has undergone many renovations. Today’s version of the building is a copy of 20th-century construction. The main feature of this structure is the tower, which is laid out obliquely and is an extension of many of the previous buildings. The Old Townhouse – one of the most renovated buildings in the world. In the early 1900s it was abandoned, and today it houses the city’s historic museum.
Another historic building is the Illite Vaghe, which dates from 1555. Initially, it was a renaissance structure, but after many years of its existence, Alte Vague was demolished. In 1964 the building was rebuilt according to the prototype, but they decided to have it in a modern style.
The most famous church in Leipzig is considered to be the St. Nicholas church, which is associated with the beginning of World War II in Germany in 1989. In addition to its many interesting churches, Leipzig also has many other interesting places and buildings. The local opera house – one of the oldest in all of Europe. The building is over 300 years old. This opera also includes a musical comedy, a ballet, and an opera choir ensemble. Throughout the day, the house does not seem at all remarkable, but when darkness falls, the lights come on and the opera house looks very festive.
p>The local Museum of History is able to visit the famous exhibits that tell and show the history of Leipzig, beginning with its foundation. All the objects and information are based on relevant documents. Each year the Museum of History receives 400,000 visitors from various cities and countries. The citys modern museum includes 500,000 objects and consists of several buildings.
In Leipzig one can take a break from the citys bustle and relax in the local organic garden. This park is just the perfect place for kids to relax. The park has attracted visitors with its unusual exotic animals since its inception. The environmental garden includes a terrarium and an aquarium. Beginning in the early 2000s, the government decided to pursue the Future Park project, which will be completed in a few years. According to this project, the park will be divided into six areas with their own themes. Each year about 2 million tourists visit the site.
One of the modern attractions of Leipzig is the tall, 29-story building at about 143 meters in height. The building is in the shape of a book, but local residents call it a tooth of wisdom. Throughout the year there has been a viewing platform on the roof for tourists to view the beauty of the city.
Leipölog has a lot of positive feelings and experiences for all visitors.
- Air quality: 16 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 560,000 people
- GDP: $42,456 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 28 Mbps
- Best wireless: Simyo
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: There is no hard and fast rule about the acceptable amount to tip in Germany. The general custom is a nominal tip, as indicated by the German word for tip (Trinkgeld, or money for a drink). Many people simply round off the bill to the next euro or add a couple more, which is perfectly acceptable.
- Apartment listings: WG Gesucht
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: Precise Hotel ACCENTO
- Best coffee: Moritzbastei
- Best taxi: MyTaxi
- Best coworking space: Raumstation Coworking
- Online electronics shop: Amazon
- Best short-haul air carrier: Ryanair
- Best intl air carrier: Lufthansa
- Monthly costs for expat: $1400
- Monthly costs for family: $3100
- Monthly costs for local: $900
- Meal: $7.5
- Small Cola: $2.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $5
- Coffee: $3.5
View Larger Map