Long the bank of the river Kinta in Malaysia is the city of Ypoh, the capital of Perak State. Nearly 200 kilometers separate it from the capital, Kuala Lómpora. By the 19th century, Ypoh was an unimportant settlement and one of the countrys most important cities. The reason for this is the active production of tin in the local area. Inherited from the old days, Yipogh had some buildings built during the colonial period. The buildings from that period include the museum hall.
The citys area is occupied by land where several small rivers flow into the Kinta Riverfront. It is surrounded by the famous natural hills, which extend toward the north-northeast, south-east, and east of the city limits.
Home is dominated by an equatorial climate with an unreliable variation in air temperature throughout the year. February is considered the driest month. Maximum yields are in November. Most citizens are Chinese and Malays. The city is also home to Chinese and several ethnic groups.
- Air quality: 61 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 660,000 people
- GDP: $9,508 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 18 Mbps
- Best wireless: Hotlink
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: In Malaysia, people don’t normally practise tipping. Meaning, you don’t have to tip unless stated otherwise. Of course, it is not wrong to give a tip, anyone will be more than happy to receive it. If you go to a restaurant or something like that, there will be a service charge of 10%.
- Apartment listings: AirBnb
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: Incubator4U
- Best taxi: Grab
- Online electronics shop: Lazada
- Best hospital: KMC MEDICAL CENTRE
- Best short-haul air carrier: Air Asia
- Best intl air carrier: Air Asia
- Monthly costs for expat: $800
- Monthly costs for family: $1700
- Monthly costs for local: $480
- Meal: $3
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $3
- Coffee: $2.5
View Larger Map