Cairns – one of the largest cities in the Caribbean, located on the eastern side of the Cape Peninsula. The city is crisscrossed by the Mallegrove and Barron rivers, which flow into the Coral Sea. The Currès lies in a zone of hot, humid climate, surrounded by the sea and the Atretino Plain.
The Currès coastline was first described by Cooke in 1770 and named Trinité. The settlement was due to the convenient location for the construction of the port. The settlement did not appear until 1876, and was named by the name of the governor of that time. Residents were attracted to the gold in the Athletic Mountains.
In the intervening years, the economic vector of Currants development has shifted toward tourism. Today it is the fourth most visited city in Italy by foreign tourists. The resort has a great tourist infrastructure and attracts vacationers not only with its luxurious beaches, amusement parks and underwater world of riffs.
Cairns main features include the artificial lagoon in the heart of the city, the Dairy River Forest (World Heritage Site), and the Atwater Plate, The beautiful and varied form of the site, and the Tour of Corurada, which includes visits to natural sites, souvenir shops, aboriginal villages, and a road trip.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 140,000 people
- GDP: $54,069 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 17 Mbps
- Best wireless: Vodafone
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Tipping in Australia is not standard etiquette so you should never feel obligated to leave a gratuity. Tipping is just a discretionary thing if people feel that they’ve had good service. The standart is 10%, although 5% will probably do in a cafe.
- Apartment listings:
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: The Space
- Online electronics shop: Kogan
- Best hospital: Cairns Private Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: Virgin Australia
- Best intl air carrier: Qantas
- Monthly costs for expat: $1900
- Monthly costs for family: $4200
- Monthly costs for local: $1200
- Meal: $12
- Small Cola: $2
- Beer 1 Pint: $6
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map