To the south-east of the Austrian state of Queensland lies the city of Gold Coast, the largest tourist center in the country. In ancient times, aborigines used to live there. Because of the red coloring, the area was attractive to the Brittarians. Over time, timber trade has been one of the main areas of local economy. Consequently, after the opening of “Resort for Servers”, the tourism industry became one of the main pillars of the citys economy.
The area of Ã¢â¬ËœCosta captures the Primorski area, stretching from the Paradise Point to the Tweed Heads, for almost 35 kilometers. The climate of the area here is sub-terrestrial. Winter is characterized by infrequent precipitation, while thunderstorms are possible in summer. Todays Ã¢â¬ËœGold Coast attracts white, sandy beaches, and mothballs.
With regard to local amenities, theme parks vary by area; golf courses, of which there are 40; various sports, including waterskiing and jumping. Many tourists are attracted by the outdoor activities, including surfing.
- Air quality: 25 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 540,000 people
- GDP: $54,069 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 15 Mbps
- Best wireless: Optus
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Tipping in Australia is not standard etiquette so you should never feel obligated to leave a gratuity. Tipping is just a discretionary thing if people feel that they’ve had good service. The standart is 10%, although 5% will probably do in a cafe.
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Cospaces
- Online electronics shop: Kogan
- Best short-haul air carrier: Jetstar
- Best intl air carrier: Qantas
- Monthly costs for expat: $2200
- Monthly costs for family: $5000
- Monthly costs for local: $1450
- Meal: $9.5
- Small Cola: $1.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $4.5
- Coffee: $3
View Larger Map