The resort area of Canggu is located on the west coast of Bali in Indonesia. From Kuta and Seminyak to Canggu drive north 9 and 6 km respectively, from Ngurah Rai Airport 12 km.
Changu is a quiet and peaceful resort on the ocean, surrounded by rice paddies and jungle. It has always been a place for relaxation, surfing and beach vacation for the whole family. Fans of raucous hotel parties, night restaurants and beach discos didn’t go here. But in recent years, as the area has been rapidly built up with hotels and guest houses, the entertainment infrastructure has also expanded. Despite this, there is still a lot of space and Balinese color.
Changu Resort is gradually expanding, and attention is paid to the sphere of entertainment. The largest entertainment center is the Canggu Club, which in one place trampolines, swimming pool, bowling alley, restaurant, water park, gym and sports fields. The resort also has stables, where you can take a horse for a few hours to walk around the island and even use the services of an instructor to teach you how to ride a horse. The hotels and restaurants regularly host beach parties, art markets, film screenings, and skate parties.
At the resort it is very easy to find accommodations for all tastes, wallets and terms. The environment is more like a village than a city – there are no large hotel complexes, small hotels prevail (there are also high level of service). In large numbers are built in small, but comfortable villas and gesthouses – private guest houses. There are also very small bungalows, almost without amenities, but very cheap and close to the ocean.
Because of the calm atmosphere of the resort, the absence of frantic pace of the cities, Changu has a great number of expats, that is, foreign nationals who come to Bali for a long time.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Religious
- Population: 30,000 people
- Population density: busy: 11x11m 121m per person
- GDP: $3,570 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 22 Mbps
- Best wireless: XL
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners
- Tipping: Tipping is not mandatory. However, if you want to tip, perhaps provide 5-10% of the total bill. Restaurants: some restaurants will include 5-10% service charge to their bill. But if they don’t levy any service charge, you can tip between Rp10,000 to 10% of the total bill.
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee: Hungry Bird
- Best taxi: GoJEK
- Best coworking space: Dojo
- Online electronics shop: Tokopedia
- Best hospital: BIMC Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: Air Asia
- Monthly costs for expat: $950
- Monthly costs for family: $1700
- Monthly costs for local: $480
- Meal: $3
- Small Cola: $0.3
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.8
- Coffee: $1.7
View Larger Map