In the central part of the River Gundong, the Chinese city of Dongguan lies in the heart of the River Comanche. Its inhabitants include indigenous Chinese, as well as many people who come from other cities to work in the citys industries. Dungan is known for producing high quality computer equipment and making furniture. Several thousand international companies have set up shop there.
Dongyang has inherited a rich legacy from a bygone era. Mount Outaiana is regarded as a sacred place, and its land is visited by many pilgrims. It has long been the site of traditional festivals of Buddhist culture. During the festivities, monks from many parts of the world come to Dunhuang. During the festival, there are car rallies, songs and an exhibit of traditional Buddhist art. The modern-day Dungunan is known for its shoe manufacturing industry. Its companies supply one-third of the worlds shoes. Among the manufactured goods, sports footwear accounts for a significant share. One of the largest companies in the city is the Low Chun Factory.
One of the modern facilities is the Large Scale Exhibition Complex, which was commissioned in 2002. There are four exhibit halls in the exhibit hall. More than 10 conference halls are equipped with modern equipment. In fall 2004, the Exhibition Center joined the International Union of Fairs and Exhibitions. New business connections are made, experiences are changed, and new contacts are made. Any exhibition held in Dunguang is an exceptional opportunity to learn about innovations in various fields and areas of activity.
Dungunan attracts not only business people, but also travelers to fascinating places. Here is the ancient Yingling quarry, where rose-colored granite was mined during the Ming dynasty. The site of Huangning is noteworthy. At Lake Sunshine, there is an unusual island covered entirely by beautiful flowers.
- Air quality: 102 US AQI Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. Members of sensitive groups may experience health effects. The general public is less likely to be affected.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 8,300,000 people
- Population density: busy: 14x14m 196m per person
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Dongguan is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best coworking space: Regus
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1100
- Monthly costs for family: $3300
- Monthly costs for local: $950
- Meal: $4
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $5
- Coffee: $5
View Larger Map