Southwest of Beijing, 320 kilometers to the south, lies the city of Yihei Zhuang, the administrative center of Chinas Hebei Province. In its vicinity there are large deposits of coal. The city is known as a producer of antibiotics. Industrial sectors such as mechanical engineering, chemical and food industry have developed here. After the construction of the railway line in 1902 there was a rapid growth of the economy. Soon the city was transformed into a major transport hub. In a short time, it became a significant provincial city.
From 206 AD to the 7th century, the ancient kingdom of Chéjáozhouan was an integral part of the ancient kingdom of Chéjáozhouan. During the reign of one of the representatives of the Tang dynasty, it ceased to exist. As a consequence, a new city was founded in its place – the present day Cheyazhejuang. During World War II, it was in the Occupied Palestinian Territory from 1937 to 1945.
Currently, Szechzechuan is made up of 6 districts, 12 counties, and 5 city districts. The museum and art gallery are located on its territory. The citys zoo has many species of animals. Theatres, attracting theatres with new productions and artistic talent. It is often referred to as the Great Stone Mountains. It was built in about 605, during the time of the Sue Dynasty. It is located in the city limits. Until now, it has remained in its original form. In the course of the centuries, only the handcuffs have been changed.
On one of the citys streets stands a memorial to Norman Bethune, the Communist physician from Canada. The renowned surgeon took part in the struggle of Chinese communists against the invasion of the Japanese opponents. In 1939 the talented doctor died in China. Today, he is considered to be the most respected doctor in China. The city is notable for its four ancient pagodas – Xuyemi Tà, built in 636; Ëèíñêî Òà, built in 762-779; Hùà Òà, dated by the Tàn dynasty and Chengli Tà, first built in 540 and reestablished in 1161-1189.
- Air quality: 141 US AQI Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. Members of sensitive groups may experience health effects. The general public is less likely to be affected.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 2,000,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Shijiazhuang is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Unicom
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Sublet
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: Caf Fine Hour Tea & Coffee
- Best coffee: Baike Coffee
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best hospital: Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital China
- Best short-haul air carrier: Air China
- Best intl air carrier: Air China
- Monthly costs for expat: $650
- Monthly costs for family: $1050
- Monthly costs for local: $310
- Meal: $2.5
- Small Cola: $0.4
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.2
- Coffee: $0.8
View Larger Map