Fuzhou, with its rich ancient history, is located in China in the province of Fujian and is its administrative center. The metropolitan area consists of 6 counties, 5 districts, and 2 city districts. The modern town of Foujou is known for its developed forest, food, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries. The machine building and textile industries are operating. The city has a port on the Minghui River.
Political and economic developments have brought significant foreign investment to the city. Foreign investment in industry has had a significant impact on the rapid growth of enterprises. The main products on the market are paper, wood and food products. The first city walls were built to protect the city from attack in 202 A.D. After it was founded, the village developed rapidly. ×Cables ran through its territory. Beginning in 308, the city was filled with new settlers. After the termination of the Yizhin dynasty, many newcomers from other regions came to Fouye-jeou. It got its present name during the reign of Thane, whose representatives came to power in 725.
The citys walls have been restored and improved over the centuries. For example, construction work was done in 282, then in 901 and 905, and later in 974. Under Emperor Sunu, the fortifications were demolished by decree in 978. But over time they were rebuilt. The last construction work was in 1371.
At the time of the Young Sun dynasty, scholars came to the city as permanent residents. Among them were the famous Chinese philosopher Zhu Xu, the poet of poetry Xing Ying Qizhi. Famous traveler Marco Polo has been here.
The ancient buildings are concentrated mainly in the two old city districts of Zhuzhouzuang and Sangyongsin, whose narrow streets are still lined with pavement. The Museum of Provincialism, with its unique and fascinating artifacts, is located in Sihou Park. The ancient monastery of Yongyang rises on the Barabanan Hill, which is not far from the city outskirts. It is believed to contain some 20,000 Buddhist scriptures within its walls.
- Air quality: 77 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,000,000 people
- Population density: euro euro not busy: 15x15m 225m per person
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Fuzhou is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best coworking space: Regus
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1000
- Monthly costs for family: $2600
- Monthly costs for local: $750
- Meal: $2.5
- Small Cola: $0.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $4.5
- Coffee: $4.5
View Larger Map