The city of Xian is located in China in the Chinese province of Xian and is its center. Ancient Xian has a great age, exceeding 3,100 years. At one time it was the largest city in the world in terms of area and number of inhabitants. In ancient times, China was the capital of the country for 13 dynasties.
In ancient times, the city was called Chengwan, which means Long World in Chinese. A great number of caravans traveled along the Great Silk Road to the ancient city. The site of Sinian is known as the site of the ancient Chinese Horde tombs. It is home to the famous mausoleum of the famous Yingyangdi.
The city began to develop as the industrial, cultural and educational center of the country in 1990. During archaeological investigations, ancient human settlements dating back up to 500,000 years have been discovered in the area of Sinian. In the 11th century, during the rule of the Ching dynasty, China was the cultural center of the city.
When China was ruled by the Ching dynasty from 221 to 206 A.D., it became a unified state. Its capital was located northwest of present-day China. The terracotta army was built by King Yingyuan in what is now the city of Xian.
The city of China was founded in 202 AD. The ancestor of the Han dynasty, Emperor Liu Bajun, established it as his new capital. ×A short time later the wall was built 25 kilometers long. But in 24, Chanuvan was destroyed in the aftermath of an uprising.
In 582, the king of the Sue dynasty founded a new capital, called Dasin, consisting of three districts – the imperial city, the Sianan Palace and a village for the townspeople. At that time, it was the largest city in the world.
The capital was changed to Changyang during the reign of Tang. After the fall of the ruling dynasty, the municipality was second only to Baghdad in the size of the city area and the number of its inhabitants. In the 7th century, the city was home to a monk named Xunyuan, who translated a great deal of Buddhist literature from the ancient Chinese language. In its walls, the goal was to house the unique Buddhist manuscripts brought from India. The Little Hussain Mountain, built in 707 and 45 meters high, was severely damaged by the earthquake of 1556.
Most notable of the historic sites is the Dasinshan Monastery, a Buddhist monastery not far from the History Museum; The Barbaran Tower and the Bell Tower, located in the center of the city; the Great Chapel, a medieval city wall reconstructed during the Minoan Dynasty.
- Air quality: 92 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 4,500,000 people
- Population density: busy: 12x12m 144m per person
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Xi An is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: Aerobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: apartmentsxian
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best coffee 24/7: Hilton Hotel Cafeteria
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best coworking space: UR Work
- Best hospital: Gaoxin Hospital
- Best short-haul air carrier: Air China
- Best intl air carrier: Malasya Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $0
- Monthly costs for family: $950
- Monthly costs for local: $270
- Meal: $1.6
- Small Cola: $0.3
- Beer 1 Pint: $0.8
- Coffee: $0.5
View Larger Map