The easternmost part of Brazil is Belo Horizonte, the capital city of Minas Gerais. It is the first city in the country to be built according to a planned project. Its name, translated from Portuguese, means “Beautiful Ground. The city is part of the region of the Bologu-Orząntsi Municipality. It is the home of a number of Brazilian rock bands that have become increasingly popular over time.
In 1897, 8 years after Belgium became a free country, Belgium became a city. But after they decided to build the city of Minas Gerais, they began to build the city of Minas Gerais. Todays city consists of rectangular streets and rectangular quarters that are almost identical in size. The architectural feature of Bélou Island is the Palace of Liberty, in which the halls house the states authorities. The building was designed in a neoclassical style by a visiting French mission in the late 19th century.
Freedom Square, built in the 19th century, is considered a popular destination for citizens. It is adorned by a papal alley and a wonderful lighted picture window. The Abalio Barreto Historical Museum is housed in a compound that existed before the city was built. Its exhibits include items from the second half of the 19th century. One of the museums halls is full of exhibits. Its rooms contain exhibits of ancient dinosaur jockeys and elephants. The Museum at Minas Gerais State holds a collection of works of religious art. From 1905 to 1930, the Senate of the State was located here.
The city park, created in 1897, has a magnificent orangery of marvelous orchids, an animal lake and landscaped gardens. The park attracts attention with its visitors. There are more than 200 species of animals in the park.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,400,000 people
- Population density: euro euro not busy: 15x15m 225m per person
- GDP: $8,649 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V230V60Hz
- Internet: 33 Mbps
- Best wireless: Vivo
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Brazilians have a friendly reputation, but tipping is not a part of the culture. Restaurants: A 10% “servico” charge is often added to the bill. While there is no legal obligation to pay it, it’s customary to do so.
- Apartment listings: Netmoveis
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Desk Coworking
- Online electronics shop: Submarino
- Best short-haul air carrier: Gol
- Best intl air carrier: KLM
- Monthly costs for expat: $500
- Monthly costs for family: $1100
- Monthly costs for local: $320
- Meal: $1.9
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $1
- Coffee: $0.6
View Larger Map