In the land of the State of San Paulo lies the city of Campinas, part of a single region in Brazil. Every year, on July 14, citizens celebrate the day of their city. Old Campinas was founded in 1774. Today it is one of the wealthiest cities in the country. High-tech has developed successfully here. In addition, the largest complexes were built in Campeñas, the Park Pedro I ” and the Iguatemi-Campeñas, which are considered the most extensive in the country.
Campinas and its surrounding towns are part of the Silicon Valley region. Campinas is a priority in the creation and application of the newest technological methods. An important role in global freight transport is played by the international airport located in the city.
Campinas is a renowned research and development center of the country. The first new technologies were introduced here more than 100 years ago. In the late 19th century, it was the second city in the world to use the telephone. More than 50 telephones were installed there in 1883. ×In four years, Don Pedro II opened the first Agricultural Institute.
One of the most important scientific and research centers in Brazil was founded in 1962. At that time, the city began construction of a new university. After the construction was completed, the Telecommunications Systems Center was laid out. Later, Renate Archer began his research.
Before the first half of the 18th century, the land that would later become the city was lushly covered with tracts of vegetation. The riverbanks were surrounded by high mountains. The citys name, translated from Portuguese as Quot;Greenfields”, is a testament to this. In the past it was called Cídadázas de Aguiñas, which means City of the Spoon. Until the middle of the 20th century, many of these birds flew in. The main place for their nesting was the church, which towered over the square.
The jewel in the crown of the city is the dos Jereckabas, a large park that is part of a sub-terrestrial forest. There are many representatives of local flora in the citys park. The most remarkable structure is the Cathedral Cathedral, built in the 19th century. Its interior is made entirely of carved wood.
- Air quality: 66 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 950,000 people
- Population density: euro euro not busy: 17x17m 289m per person
- GDP: $8,649 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 115V230V60Hz
- Internet: 11 Mbps
- Best wireless: Vivo
- Pay without cash: Yes, cards OK almost everywhere
- Tipping: Brazilians have a friendly reputation, but tipping is not a part of the culture. Restaurants: A 10% “servico” charge is often added to the bill. While there is no legal obligation to pay it, it’s customary to do so.
- Apartment listings:
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Umbco23
- Online electronics shop: Submarino
- Best hospital: Medlar Campinas
- Best short-haul air carrier: Voegol
- Best intl air carrier: TAM
- Monthly costs for expat: $600
- Monthly costs for family: $1350
- Monthly costs for local: $390
- Meal: $4
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $1.9
- Coffee: $1.3
View Larger Map