In Eastern China, the city of Changchun is located in the southern part of the Jiangsu Province. It occupies the central part of the Jiangsu River delta. To the east, the city is in close proximity to the shores of Lake Taichou. The water flows northward from the city walls.
The ancient city is known by its name as the “dragon city. ×A railroad line runs through its territory. The city line is crossed by the Shanghai-Nino Highway. ×The Great Peking-Hangzhou Canal carries its waters through the city. Here, the chemical industry and machine building are developed. There are textile manufacturing plants. A port is in operation.
The ancient city has a long history. There are many ancient architectural monuments that are witnesses to events from a bygone era. Among them, the Tianyungungunya Temple, dating back to the Tang dynasty, and a pagoda built during the reign of the representatives of the ancient dynasties of Viñibát, were well preserved. The ancient Bijouxiang Street has retained its ancient appearance.
With regard to cultural institutions, the Dinosaur Park is a special attraction. Visitors can view different kinds of dinosaurs in its halls using the latest technology. Equally fascinating exhibits are on display at the Leu Huysu Gallery of Art and the Museum of Öyü Öyübök.
Despite the fact that Lake Tianyoumoukhou is located 8 kilometers from Liyang, the natural reservoir is under the administrative jurisdiction of Changchou. The lake, located in the vicinity of the mountain range, is a great recreational area. There is a popular tourist base along the coastline. The slopes of the mountains are covered by tea plantations and sown fields. Above, there are age-old trees, among which there are a number of flowering plants. During the Qing Dynasty, from 265 to 420, the city began to make womens jewelry, which at that time was destined for the imperial court. The museum in the city holds a variety of different types of pennies that amaze visitors with the intricate artistry of the craftsmen.
- Air quality: 91 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,100,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Changzhou is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $850
- Monthly costs for family: $3000
- Monthly costs for local: $850
- Meal: $0.6
- Small Cola: $0.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $4
- Coffee: $5
View Larger Map