In Chinas Eastern Mongolia Autonomous Region of the Peoples Republic of China lies the city of Chefin, the administrative center of a single county. In the early 50s of the 20th century, this area was formed as Jouw-Ud aimag, which included 4 khokhouns and one county. Two years later, after the reorganization of Yehui, its former lands were transferred to the newly formed Amakk. In the fall of 1983, Jüh-Uud was abolished as an administrative unit and created the county of Chefin.
The present city is distinguished by the Park of the Fallen Heroes of Chefin. There is a memorial and a grave of fallen Soviet soldiers from World War II. The four-cornered circle was raised on the station square. The monument was erected in memory of the Soviet soldiers who liberated the city from the Japanese invaders.
It was not long ago that 325 monuments of cultural heritage were discovered around Chefinan. Among them are archaeological sites, ancient ruins, ancient structures, and unique inscriptions on rock surfaces.
- Air quality: 74 US AQI Moderate. Air quality is acceptable. However, there may be a risk for some people, particularly those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 1,200,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Chifeng is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1100
- Monthly costs for family: $2800
- Monthly costs for local: $800
- Meal: $3.5
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map