In the northern part of Chinas northern region of China, Dunyin is the center of the city district. It was established in 1983 as the basis for the further development of the Cheyenne oil fields. The field was discovered in 1961 in the village of Dunyin, which was later named after the town.
Conventional Dunyin encompasses the area near the Huonhui River. The western edges of the city are bordered by Binhui. To the south-west, the city is bordered by the territory of Öngbiak. To the south, there is the border with China. The northern and eastern borders of the Yellow Sea. The sea coast stretches for 350 kilometers. On the north, the city has access to the Bay of Bayhai Bay, and on the east, to the coastal waters of Lake Laichou.
In 2006, ancient finds were discovered that included almost 3 tons of iron coins dating from 960-1127 and dating back to the Northern Song dynasty. In addition, the finds included copper money and a number of ceremonial objects. Further archaeological research uncovered ancient structures. Most of the ancient artifacts are in the local museum.
- Air quality: 125 US AQI Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. Members of sensitive groups may experience health effects. The general public is less likely to be affected.
- Tap water: No, not drinkable
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 790,000 people
- GDP: $8,126 / year
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 2 Mbps Internet in Dongying is fast averaging 16 Mbps but the Great Firewall slows down speeds to foreign websites by 8x to 2 Mbps.
- Best wireless: China Mobile
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because WeChat is very hard to set up
- Tipping: Tipping in China is generally uncommon and can even be considered rude or embarrassing in some circumstances. Seriously. Leaving money on a table in an authentic restaurant may confuse a staff member or cause them stress. … Even worse, gratuity is illegal in airports and some establishments.
- Apartment listings: Ganji
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Didi
- Best short-haul air carrier: Hainan
- Best intl air carrier: China Southern Airlines
- Monthly costs for expat: $1100
- Monthly costs for family: $2800
- Monthly costs for local: $800
- Meal: $3.5
- Small Cola: $0.6
- Beer 1 Pint: $3.5
- Coffee: $4
View Larger Map