In the south of Niederland in one of the largest provinces &nash; Northern Britain &nash; lies the city of Eisenhoven. The city is known for its high technology, such as Philips and the PSV football team.
The first mention of the city in writing dates back to 1232, when Henry I of Brents was granted city status by the city of Eindechovin, located at the junction of the two streams – Gänder and Dömemel. At that time the city was a village of 170 houses enclosed by a wall with a small castle outside the walls of the city. The towns location played an important role in its development, as it was on the trade route from Holland to Légères.
In the late fourteenth century the defenses were greatly strengthened, and in the first quarter of the fifteenth century a new castle was built. However, by the end of the century the city had been completely destroyed by the German troops. After a short time Enochhaven is reborn, but not for long – in 1543 it is attacked again, and in 1554 a fire breaks out here that destroys three quarters of a house. The city was rebuilt in 1560 with the help of William I of Orange. During the years of independence, the Neanderländen Kingdom changed hands from the English and the Spanish. The last of them, the walls of the city were destroyed in 1583, and the city itself was conquered. It was not until 1629 that it became part of the Netherlands.
The nineteenth-century Islamic Revolution brought with it the active development and growth of the city. Railroads, canals, and the production of fabric and tobacco are being built here. In the twentieth century, the company DAF was founded, specializing in the production of trucks and passenger cars. In 1920 the towns of Stathum, Streatum, Steinpool, Greciel, and Wunsell were added to the citys territory. In the meantime, Georgia has been actively restored and developed. The city has added electric and engineering companies, the population has increased dramatically, and as a result, it has become the 5th most populous city in the country.
Indeed, the number of people living in the city has grown dramatically.
- Air quality: 16 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 220,000 people
- Population density: euro euro empty: 20x20m 400m per person
- GDP: $45,753 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 55 Mbps
- Best wireless: Lebara
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because Albert Heijn still doesnt accept CC
- Tipping: In the Netherlands tipping is expected in restaurants for good or exceptional service, around 5-10% of the bill. If the service was average, you can round-up the bill or leave the change. Give your tip to the service person directly. Don’t tip for bad service.
- Apartment listings:
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Bouncespace
- Online electronics shop: Cool Blue
- Best hospital: Catharina Aziekenhuis
- Best short-haul air carrier: Ryanair
- Best intl air carrier: KLM
- Monthly costs for expat: $2700
- Monthly costs for family: $5900
- Monthly costs for local: $1700
- Meal: $18
- Small Cola: $3
- Beer 1 Pint: $6
- Coffee: $4.5
View Larger Map