The city of Leuvaarden is the center of the province of France, located in the Netherlands. The natural landscape, represented by the vast meadows and the many natural waterholes in the area, encouraged the birth and development of livestock farming. An unusual memorial to a cow in the city is a clear indication of this. In one of the houses in the city, Marguerite Gerarda Cethe, who later became known as Mata Khary, came into the world.
For a long time, the original settlement of the land on the site of the modern city was thought to have occurred in the 10th century. New archaeological investigations have uncovered structures dating back to the beginning of the 2nd century. The old city was on the banks of the Meudelhaulze River and was a thriving market town in the 15th century.
Modern Lóójurðén is known for its skating marathon. Winter sports fans from all over the country flock there. The skaters walk 202 kilometers along frozen channels. The large-scale sporting event is accompanied by a spectacular spectacle. The center of the city is decorated by another famous symbol – the falling tower of Îleåhöhe, 40 meters high.
- Air quality: 21 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 110,000 people
- Population density: euro euro empty: 44x44m 1936m per person
- GDP: $45,753 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 41 Mbps
- Best wireless: Lebara
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because Albert Heijn still doesnt accept CC
- Tipping: In the Netherlands tipping is expected in restaurants for good or exceptional service, around 5-10% of the bill. If the service was average, you can round-up the bill or leave the change. Give your tip to the service person directly. Don’t tip for bad service.
- Apartment listings: AirBnb
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Online electronics shop: Cool Blue
- Best short-haul air carrier: KLM
- Best intl air carrier: KLM
- Monthly costs for expat: $2200
- Monthly costs for family: $4000
- Monthly costs for local: $1150
- Meal: $18
- Small Cola: $2.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $4.5
- Coffee: $3
View Larger Map