On the right bank of the River Eirelle lies the city of Covaruelle, the capital center of the province of Ovaruelle, which has retained its classy building of the streets until now. The citys name is translated in Dutch as Golden. In essence, the area that created Covellé was a marshland village.
The first written records of the ancient village date back to 1040. City status was conferred in 1230. Historically, the area has been known for the production of dairy and meat products. There is a train station in the center of the city that is easily accessible from any hotel in the city or camping in the village of Chevale. Thanks to the mild climate, winters are not cold, but there is plenty of snow. Even at the peak of the summer season, there is no pesky heat.
Modern Chevrolet is considered an environmentally friendly city. There are no industrial plants and very little automobile traffic. A distinctive characteristic of the city is the poultry population not only in its neighborhoods, but also in the city itself. Among them are white eagles and mammals, who are not afraid of people and feel at ease among the many tourists.
In spite of the wars and destruction, some of the historic monuments have remained in the city. The most important of these monuments is the Tower, which is translated from Dutch as "The Encyclopedia. Built in the 15th century, it is one of the citys symbols. Made of red brick in 1406, the Luxon Gate was an integral part of the citys walls in the last centuries. They defended the city against enemy attacks. Only fragments of them remain to this day.
The Church of St. Michael attracts an organ known throughout the country. It often hosts concerts of organ music. Equally unique monuments are the 18 century old Gorky Tower, which was built in 1571. The scenic park at Ecocoroma is an interesting place for visitors of all ages. There is a dinosaur gallery, a piranha hall, and other equally interesting attractions. Another symbol of the city is the bridge over the River Eusele, built of metal in the mid-20th century.
- Air quality: 13 US AQI Good. Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Tap water: Yes, safe to drink
- Religious government: Non-religious
- Population: 120,000 people
- Population density: euro euro empty: 30x30m 900m per person
- GDP: $45,753 / year
- Foreigners can own real estate: Yes
- Power outlets: 230V50Hz
- Internet: 39 Mbps
- Best wireless: Lebara
- Pay without cash: No, cash only esp. for foreigners because Albert Heijn still doesnt accept CC
- Tipping: In the Netherlands tipping is expected in restaurants for good or exceptional service, around 5-10% of the bill. If the service was average, you can round-up the bill or leave the change. Give your tip to the service person directly. Don’t tip for bad service.
- Apartment listings: AirBnb
- Apartments: Airbnb
- Hotels: Booking.com
- More hotels: Hotels.com
- Best taxi: Uber
- Best coworking space: Droom van Zwolle
- Online electronics shop: Cool Blue
- Best short-haul air carrier: KLM
- Best intl air carrier: KLM
- Monthly costs for expat: $2200
- Monthly costs for family: $4300
- Monthly costs for local: $1200
- Meal: $18
- Small Cola: $2.5
- Beer 1 Pint: $5
- Coffee: $3.5
View Larger Map